• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield is a Carolina Panther

uncfan888

Just now, ForJimmy said:

You want recent?  Russ WIlson, Matt Stafford both requested trades and got traded the past 2 years which is exactly what Baker did.  I mean you wanted to them have a career AFTER being traded so it can't really be super recent because we would need enough time to pass.  

Their respective teams didnt try to trade them beforehand.  But keep going.............

Well now.  This is quite interesting.  At least it gives us something to talk about (36 pages in 4 hours, nice!).

Will we be better?  Who knows.  Really.  Total crapshoot here.

But it will be something to watch, that's for sure.  Either Baker comes in and plays well and is able to rehab his image and career, or Rhule gets fired.  Not the worst outcome.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, rmoneyg35 said:

Don’t know why people would be mad about this. He is a top 15 qb with potential. He had an off year but played with an injured shoulder all year. He is better than Darnold and we didn’t give up much.

I know, right? It's weird. We didn't cripple the team in ANY way by doing this. Corral will be here next season, it may lead to the end of Sam and Rhule, he has a fire we haven't seen since Cam, and he'll give the team attention. There is ZERO chance Corral or Sam or PJ takes us to the Playoffs this season ... so there is zero reason to be mad about Baker.

• Pie 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Their respective teams didnt try to trade them beforehand.  But keep going.............

The Browns didn't try to trade Baker.  The inquired about Watson which pissed him off and then he demanded a trade. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33528225/baker-mayfield-requests-trade-cleveland-browns-says-best-interests-sides-move-on

He actually requested it when they though they were out of the running for Watson.  

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

The Browns didn't try to trade Baker.  The inquired about Watson which pissed him off and then he demanded a trade. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33528225/baker-mayfield-requests-trade-cleveland-browns-says-best-interests-sides-move-on

He actually requested it when they though they were out of the running for Watson.  

and that has nothing to do with Wilson or Stafford

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

Been watching that dude since he was in HS he turned his back on being a Texas longhorn talked a bunch of sh*t then went to OU and pissed off the Texas tech fans and is just generally a huge douche and crybaby. 

So basically college football drama.  Gotcha.  I dont care at all about that. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

and that has nothing to do with Wilson or Stafford

You wanted recent QBs that went to different teams and went on the have successful careers.  That's about a recent as it gets. 

I know you are upset but we will get through this.  At worst we lost a future 4th and $5 million this year.  It's going to be ok....

1 hour ago, CRA said:

He isn't a franchise QB.  Like, Sam and Teddy before that...Baker is a question that has already been answered.    

and Matt Rhule is too.  The brand is clearly insanity.  Doing the same thing year after year and thinking somehow it will be different this time.   Can't wait for Rhule season 4 - The Daniel Jones Project. 

What would your move have been?  I believe they plan on Corral being ready after this season if Baker isn't it.  There is literally no loss.

Just now, ForJimmy said:

You wanted recent QBs that went to different teams and went on the have successful careers.  That's about a recent as it gets. 

I know you are upset but we will get through this.  At worst we lost a future 4th and $5 million this year.  It's going to be ok....

LOL keep trying to change the narrative.  Recycled qbs that their teams dont want rarely if ever work. There are literally 4 years of data and play on Baker to draw this conclusion from.

But then again you supported the teddy and sam deal.  One day you will learn all this poo franchise does is make one mistake after another

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

LOL keep trying to change the narrative.  Recycled qbs that their teams dont want rarely if ever work. There are literally 4 years of data and play on Baker to draw this conclusion from.

But then again you supported the teddy and sam deal.  One day you will learn all this poo franchise does is make one mistake after another

I never supported Sam but if you want to make up complete poo to prove your point well that says a lot about your point.  There are PLENTY of posts/comments to call me out on so there is no need to make up any.  L

-For the 5th time, I am not saying Baker will be our franchise QB.  I am saying it was a super cheap deal for a clear upgrade and a player that has a chance (a small one) to put it all together.  I will be happy with Baker this year and Corral taking over when he is ready.