• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers are gonna shock the world!

joemac

23 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

You mean our next coach? Prediction time...I believe 100% that if Rhule is fired this year, Sean Payton will be our next coach which means we will get to crack all sorts of pill head jokes on that scum bag week after week which could be fun.

I really, really hope not.

• Beer 1

Baker is a hell of a lot more exciting than what we had going into last season, and I want you to be right. And I could see a world where you are...  we have so many great pieces and possibly the most talented/deepest roster from top to bottom that we have ever fielded...  yet, I think Rhule is too much to overcome.

It depends on how much of a voice guys like Wilks and McAdoo have in the room and on gameday. If their presence is significant, we might shock a lot of people.

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

Baker is a hell of a lot more exciting than what we had going into last season, and I want you to be right. And I could see a world where you are...  we have so many great pieces and possibly the most talented/deepest roster from top to bottom that we have ever fielded...  yet, I think Rhule is too much to overcome.

It depends on how much of a voice guys like Wilks and McAdoo have in the room and on gameday. If theirpresence us significant, we might shock a lot of people.

This offense has the chance to be really, really good. CMCs gotta stay healthy.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, joemac said:

That’s an incredibly naive way to look at it

There is that, but that wouldn't be my main concern.

Guys who produce championship seasons with one team and then move on to another hardly ever reproduce their success. More often than not, they fail to recapture whatever magic was there before.

Also, from what I've read the Saints still have his rights and would want him back, so I have a feeling getting him might require a trade package that makes the Deshaun Watson deal look like child's play.

Beyond that, Payton might want an awful lot of control. And while I acknowledge he's more qualified to ask for something like that than Matt Rhule would be, I'm still not up for it.

To top it all off, he'd have to want to come here. Several stories written over the years have had him wanting to coach the Cowboys, not us.

It's just not something I see happening, and I'm genuinely not sure I would want it to.

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, joemac said:

That’s an incredibly naive way to look at it

No it's not. Principles matter. How many coaches have been suspended by the NFL for a year for grossly violating the spirit of the game?

I'll save you the effort. Two. Sean Payton and his DC Gregg Williams for Bountygate.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No it's not. Principles matter. How many coaches have been suspended by the NFL for a year for grossly violating the spirit of the game?

I'll save you the effort. Two. Sean Payton and his DC Gregg Williams for Bountygate.

Yeah they’re the only ones that got caught