• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers are gonna shock the world!

joemac

5 minutes ago, joemac said:

Yeah they’re the only ones that got caught 

Maybe, maybe not. I don't want his cheating ass either way. No Panthers fan that watched the Broncos tee off on Cam Newton like Payton's Saints did on an aging Brett Favre should either.

If we hire Sean Payton I'm out. That's it. Towel thrown.

7 Winnable Games: Browns (wo Watson),2x Atlanta, Seattle, Giants, Steelers, Lions

Potential Upsets: 2xSaints, Cards, Broncos, Ravens, 9ers (essentially rookie  QB)

Major Upsets: 2xBucs, Rams, Bengals (superbowl hangover?)

If you look at the NFC, the best guess  for playoffs are Bucs, Rams, Cowboys and Packers as division champs, and the  Eagles, 9ers and Saints are the best guess wildcard teams.

If we win the winnable games, beat the Saints once and Trey Lance stinks it up, we could sneak in a wild card spot.  It is NOT impossible.  Just seems very improbable from this vantage.

• Pie 1

51 minutes ago, poundaway said:

7 Winnable Games: Browns (wo Watson),2x Atlanta, Seattle, Giants, Steelers, Lions

Potential Upsets: 2xSaints, Cards, Broncos, Ravens, 9ers (essentially rookie  QB)

Major Upsets: 2xBucs, Rams, Bengals (superbowl hangover?)

If you look at the NFC, the best guess  for playoffs are Bucs, Rams, Cowboys and Packers as division champs, and the  Eagles, 9ers and Saints are the best guess wildcard teams.

If we win the winnable games, beat the Saints once and Trey Lance stinks it up, we could sneak in a wild card spot.  It is NOT impossible.  Just seems very improbable from this vantage.

I can't see the Saints and 9ers as wildcard teams. 

People are really underestimating how much losing Payton is going to hurt the Saints. Lance is a huge question mark [for SF].

Cardinals, Vikings, Eagles as wildcard teams.

Edited by trueblade
  • Pie 1

Too many "ifs" for this team to predict more than a handful of wins. 

IF CMC can stay healthy (wonder what the Vegas line on that is?)

IF the revamped line can come together

IF Moore/Anderson/Marshall can produce

IF the TE position isn't a disaster

IF the defense can stop the run (Hi Derek Brown!)

IF Horn returns to form after serious injury

IF Baker returns to 2020 form

IF the coaching staff - the brand new coaching staff - can form a unified team and stop giving away games in the third quarter.

None of these are small "ifs". Good teams contending for playoffs don't have that many major question marks. For the Panthers, just about EVERYTHING has to go right for them to win enough games to contend. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Agree. The hate from the national media just shows how little they actually watch the panthers. We were like 1-7 in one score games last year, and that was with the worst offensive line and bad to terrible QB play. No team in the NFL can win without a competent line. With all the additions to the o-line, d-line and injured players coming back healthy, there’s no reason this team doesn’t make the playoffs in a very weak NFC. 

You may recall prior to the 2015 session when Kelvin Benjamin got hurt EVERYONE, including many Panthers fans, thought the Panthers were headed for a lost season. We all know how that turned out. 

The NFL is designed for teams to go from rags to riches, and barring more devastating injuries, there’s plenty of reason to believe the Panthers are due for contention.  

Edited by Cary Kollins
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, Raleigh PF said:

Too many "ifs" for this team to predict more than a handful of wins. 

IF CMC can stay healthy (wonder what the Vegas line on that is?)

IF the revamped line can come together

IF Moore/Anderson/Marshall can produce

IF the TE position isn't a disaster

IF the defense can stop the run (Hi Derek Brown!)

IF Horn returns to form after serious injury

IF Baker returns to 2020 form

IF the coaching staff - the brand new coaching staff - can form a unified team and stop giving away games in the third quarter.

None of these are small "ifs". Good teams contending for playoffs don't have that many major question marks. For the Panthers, just about EVERYTHING has to go right for them to win enough games to contend. 

Agreed. It's POSSIBLE that we become a playoff caliber team but that seems like an insanely unlikely proposition.

I just can't see us being able to suddenly answer all those questions.

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Vegas has us at 6 wins.   Go make some money if you believe that.   Sure it can happen but Vegas is Vegas and tends to be right way more then they are wrong.   Making the playoffs means we have to absolutely blow the Vegas expectations out of the water.  I mean it could happen but come 

I am going to take that bet. I think that 6 is the floor not the ceiling. We won 5 last year with no offense to speak of and a rotating cast of qbs.  With just the additions we added and barring catastrophic injuries to one position or another, we should be good for 8 or 9 wins with Baker. I really think we will contend this year.  We have a QB who knows how to win unlike Sam who never experienced it in the NFL. 

• Pie 3

10 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I am going to take that bet. I think that 6 is the floor not the ceiling. We won 5 last year with no offense to speak of and a rotating cast of qbs.  With just the additions we added and barring catastrophic injuries to one position or another, we should be good for 8 or 9 wins with Baker. I really think we will contend this year.  We have a QB who knows how to win unlike Sam who never experienced it in the NFL. 

Both sam and Baker each have 1 season over 6 wins.  I think you are propping up baker just a weekend bit