• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Robbie/y on I Am Athlete podcast speaking on Sam & Baker

Mills

"I will say this with Sam though. I feel like his development was all messed up coming into the league," Anderson continued (3:33). "Look at Pat [Mahomes] and look at Lamar [Jackson]. They didn't play right away. I don't think that Sam should have played right away.

Robbie Anderson was quick to talk poo to his own fans when he was playing terrible yet he's actually out here defending Sam Darnold aka the worst starting quarterback in the league like that man pays his salary. Get both these bums out of here.

Diane Johnson Trash GIF by ABC Network

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 5

I know a bunch of us hate Robby but man it’s so lame watching us fans single out a player and slander him when our entire team was trash by and large last year. I know we need to vent and have an outlet but Robby has become a whipping boy unfairly imo. The entire team underachieved he’s just the only one with the balls to speak out. With the lack if access the panthers have given since Rhule took over you’d think fans would like that but I guess not. 

• Pie 6

2 hours ago, CashNewton22 said:

I know a bunch of us hate Robby but man it’s so lame watching us fans single out a player and slander him when our entire team was trash by and large last year. I know we need to vent and have an outlet but Robby has become a whipping boy unfairly imo. The entire team underachieved he’s just the only one with the balls to speak out. With the lack if access the panthers have given since Rhule took over you’d think fans would like that but I guess not. 

When you become the worst receiver in the league at drops who isn`t a star and at the same time your other stats also look like garbage and then still talk trash, sorry but f**k you. 

Edited by KillerKat
  • Pie 2
  • Poo 2

1 hour ago, KillerKat said:

When you become the worst receiver in the league at drops who isn`t a star and at the same time your other stats also look like garbage and then still talk trash, sorry but f**k you. 

Robbie brings a lot of this on himself.  His stats last year  say he should keep his head down and be quiet.  If he simply limited the talk, the backlash would not be as harsh. 

• Pie 4

6 hours ago, CashNewton22 said:

Oh shut off the sad music already. Even I've defended Robbie in the past but if this man is serious about his loyalty to Sam Darnold they can both hit the bricks and if you've got a problem with that you can head on out with em too.

8 minutes ago, frankw said:

Oh shut off the sad music already. Even I've defended Robbie in the past but if this man is serious about his loyalty to Sam Darnold they can both hit the bricks and if you've got a problem with that you can head on out with em too.

I wonder if the "loyalty to Sam" thing is real.  It doesn't fit with the "I want to retire" thing.  I think he didn't want Baker like many of us and now he's backpedaling, as he should.  I myself have changed lanes and have tried to learn about Bakers strengths, hoping this could work.

6 hours ago, CashNewton22 said:

The only way better is for players to make more plays. No one questions dj moore, Brian burns, Jeremy chinn, etc. 

I know you can’t compare talent but he was paid right before the seasons. When that happens expectations naturally come and he wasn’t even in the ballpark of meeting those expectations. 

his prior success with darnold probably also had something to do with the excitement thinking he could recreate that 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, poundaway said:

I wonder if the "loyalty to Sam" thing is real.  It doesn't fit with the "I want to retire" thing.  I think he didn't want Baker like many of us and now he's backpedaling, as he should.  I myself have changed lanes and have tried to learn about Bakers strengths, hoping this could work.

I've given up trying to "read" him based on his social media presence. I don't think even Robbie understands what is going on inside his head. When he initially mentioned a vague reason of sticking up for Sam Darnold I was thinking maybe he's just trying to sell the backpedal on Baker. But now that he is tripling down I think he's just unwell altogether and the odds of him playing out that contract here are very slim. To put this all into further context for why I am reacting this way think of if a player had come out with an impassioned defense of Jimmy Clausen when it was clear we were likely drafting a quarterback in 2011. Make no mistake that is the level of QB play Darnold has been on par with. Overall I just get the vibe this is the crap the Jets saw brewing and this is a key reason why neither of those two are Jets anymore. Now lucky us we have to deal with this soap opera. Thanks Matt.

10 minutes ago, Adb6368 said:

The only way better is for players to make more plays. No one questions dj moore, Brian burns, Jeremy chinn, etc. 

I know you can’t compare talent but he was paid right before the seasons. When that happens expectations naturally come and he wasn’t even in the ballpark of meeting those expectations. 

his prior success with darnold probably also had something to do with the excitement thinking he could recreate that 

His best year with the Jets was 2017 with Josh Mccown, same with Teddy here. Seems like it doesn't take much QB talent wise to get him around 1k receiving yards, also Catch % was higher with the other 2 QB's