• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Robbie/y on I Am Athlete podcast speaking on Sam & Baker

Mills

12 hours ago, frankw said:

"I will say this with Sam though. I feel like his development was all messed up coming into the league," Anderson continued (3:33). "Look at Pat [Mahomes] and look at Lamar [Jackson]. They didn't play right away. I don't think that Sam should have played right away.

Robbie Anderson was quick to talk poo to his own fans when he was playing terrible yet he's actually out here defending Sam Darnold aka the worst starting quarterback in the league like that man pays his salary. Get both these bums out of here.

Diane Johnson Trash GIF by ABC Network

I haven't listened, how much editing was done to Robbie's statement to make that a coherent sentence?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

39 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Everyone might want a Pete Carroll/Mike Tomlin/John Harbaugh but you can't keep your Hue Jackson/Matt Patricia/Urban Meyers hoping they will become one.

That's the problem with Rhule. He's on the Jackson/Patricia/Meyer end of the scale, not the Carroll/Tomlin/Harbaugh end of the scale.

Unfortunately we don't have leadership capable of seeing that yet. The best we can hope for is that Tepper isn't as dumb as he has been so far and he really is learning from his never ending stream of mistakes.

There is a reason there is a HC carousel. 

Its because people learn.  Carol was not just a college coach.  He was fired his first year as HC by the Jets and then by the Pats before he was Seattle's HC.  Kubiak who beat us in Superbowl 50 had been fired by Houston.  Belichek by Cleveland.... the list goes on and on.   They recycle these HC because they have experience on the big stage and showed they can LEARN from their past mistakes.  

I think Rhule is learning from his mistakes and we're benefiting from it.  He may get fired and never work as a HC in NFL again, but I doubt it.    

Edited by poundaway

2 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Its because people learn.  Carol was not just a college coach.  He was fired his first year as HC by the Jets and then by the Pats before he was Seattle's HC.  Kubiak who beat us in Superbowl 50 had been fired by Houston.  Belichek by Cleveland.... the list goes on and on.   They recycle these HC because they have experience on the big stage and showed they can LEARN from their past mistakes.  

I think Rhule is learning from his mistakes and we're benefiting from it.  He may get fired and never work as a HC in NFL again, but I doubt it.    

I don't think you will see Rhule in the NFL again. He's already said he could get the money he wants from a college job. I think he is another Saban/Petrino case. He will bolt and never come back.

It's not like Carroll, who was given a raw deal or even Belichick. Rhule is the worst part of this franchise at the moment(we may later learn it's Tepper, TBD). 

If you can't show progress, the ability to build or have some level of success, you don't often get more chances at head coaching roles in the NFL. Those are currently categories that Rhule is batting .000%. 

He's like a lot of the college guys that are just over their heads when they get into the NFL after jumping too many levels. Had he cut his teeth in the NFL for 10-15 years and worked his way up, I might agree with you. He didn't. Nor is he some offensive or defensive wunderkind. 

10 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Rhule has 0 respect around the league or in the media, everyone knows he sucks except for a few fans still clinging on to his jay z process. 

I seriously doubt anyone else is as dumb as Tepper to repeat this mistake,  he lost to nearly every coach that was fired last year and our team looked worse and worse as the year went on. 

Once Rhule and Snows yearly plan is figured out the game is over, they need a full offseason just to incorporate one strategy. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think you will see Rhule in the NFL again. He's already said he could get the money he wants from a college job. I think he is another Saban/Petrino case. He will bolt and never come back.

It's not like Carroll, who was given a raw deal or even Belichick. Rhule is the worst part of this franchise at the moment(we may later learn it's Tepper, TBD). 

If you can't show progress, the ability to build or have some level of success, you don't often get more chances at head coaching roles in the NFL. Those are currently categories that Rhule is batting .000%. 

He's like a lot of the college guys that are just over their heads when they get into the NFL after jumping too many levels. Had he cut his teeth in the NFL for 10-15 years and worked his way up, I might agree with you. He didn't. Nor is he some offensive or defensive wunderkind. 

They said the same crap about other HC's when they were fired the first time.  Losing records lead to crap thrown at you.

Carol went back to USC for like 10 years and then came back to the NFL. 

Never is a long time.

The list of HC's fired in their first gig  to eventually be rehired as HC somewhere else is long.

29 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I haven't listened, how much editing was done to Robbie's statement to make that a coherent sentence?

I can't comment on all that I'm not wading into the abyss here that is microanalyzing his speech or spelling. I don't care how the man expresses himself. Just don't try to sell fans on some sob story. His former team is significantly better off without his and Sam's services. These folks saying oh he's a good teammate for supporting Sam will be one of the first to attack either of them when the games are played and we struggle.

Bored Episode 15 GIF by The Simpsons

18 minutes ago, poundaway said:

They said the same crap about other HC's when they were fired the first time.  Losing records lead to crap thrown at you.

Carol went back to USC for like 10 years and then came back to the NFL. 

Never is a long time.

The list of HC's fired in their first gig  to eventually be rehired as HC somewhere else is long.

Not as long as the list of guys to never get hired as an NFL HC again.

Like I said, Carroll had NFL success in his first stop. He got a raw deal. 1 year at the Jets(0.375%) and 3 years at the Pats(0.563%). Rhule has a 0.303%. That is one of the worst starts for a two year coach in the last 15 years.

Guys like that don't often get HC opportunities again.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 2

38 minutes ago, poundaway said:

All the guys listed did their time as position coaches, worked up to coordinators, then got HC jobs. Rhule knows zero about actual on the field NFL football, the pressers trying to explain why everything was a disaster by mid season were unbearable to listen to. He would absolutely never get hired as a coordinator by another NFL team so I don't see why he'd ever get a HC job again. 

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Not as long as the list of guys to never get hired as an NFL HC again.

Like I said, Carroll had NFL success in his first stop. He got a raw deal. 1 year at the Jets(0.375%) and 3 years at the Pats(0.563%). Rhule has a 0.303%. That is one of the worst starts for a two year coach in the last 15 years.

Guys like that don't often get HC opportunities again.

I think it s a stretch to say 6-10 at the Jets as a success, which was his first stop.

Rhule clearly has not been a success with two 5 win seasons.

14 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

All the guys listed did their time as position coaches, worked up to coordinators, then got HC jobs. Rhule knows zero about actual on the field NFL football, the pressers trying to explain why everything was a disaster by mid season were unbearable to listen to. He would absolutely never get hired as a coordinator by another NFL team so I don't see why he'd ever get a HC job again. 

Owners don't think like fans.  They don't.  When they pick these guys you scream that they're stupid.  Then in another post you say there's no way they would ever do a stupid thing like that again. 

The fact of the matter when Rhule goes to interview elsewhere, he'll show his success at the college level, he'll talk about his HC experience here, talk about what he learned and what he would do differently to reach a different outcome.  Experience, even bad experience, is a big selling point.  And Rhule, if anything, can sell.  The only reason he wouldn't be HC elsewhere again, is because he doesn't want it.

Edited by poundaway

1 hour ago, PootieNunu said:

Robby or any other player ios not going to go on a podcast and say "oh man Sam sucks so fuging bad, I wish we would get rid of him" that is a recipe for disaster. 

We all know Sam sucks, Robby knows it too, but he cant say that to the media. 

Pacman Jones “come on bruh you can be honest” lol 

doesn’t look like anyone there believed anything Robbie wanted to say publicly.  

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

Pacman Jones “come on bruh you can be honest” lol 

doesn’t look like anyone there believed anything Robbie wanted to say publicly.  

Pacman can be honest, he is retired, lol. Can you imagine the amount of poo that would be talked about other players, by players, if it was cool to do that?  

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Pie 1