• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Help me, I'm feeling optimistic.

Zod

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've got a feeling we're going to watch an improved offense only to see the defense go backwards.

I think the defense was overrated. Shaq played above expectations and I don’t expect a repeat. Reddick is gone. Strong feeling Brown still digging in his ass on the line. And Horn is still an unknown.

I feel the defense will overachieve if they play to last years’ level but I don’t see how they are going to compete with that dline.

Regardless, this defense doesn’t feel saavy enough for me. It’s missing that key price and is going to be flimsy imo. We will see.

3 hours ago, trueblade said:

I keep looking at the schedule and it's hard for me to see more than 5 to 6 wins.

I see 7 winnable games: Browns (wo Watson),2x Atlanta, Seattle, Giants, Steelers, Lions

I'm not saying we're going to win those 7, but it isn't unreasonable that we can beat those teams.

We need a 2 upsets among these to make the playoffs:  
2xSaints, 9ers (w/essentially rookie  QB), Cards, Broncos, Ravens

Its very improbable from this vantage, though not impossible.  It would help if Lance stinks and the Saints take a hit without Payton. 

If we get 2020 Mayfield, we could be pretty good.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This. I don't want to further taint my memory of what Cam was on his prime. Signing him last year was worth it for that first game. That was the most excitement I've had as a Panthers fan since 2015. But it's over. We gotta let it go.

General concensus is the Mayfield trade "slams the door" on Newton being a Panther again.

That's probably reasonable to conclude.

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Reddick and Burns on the field together was a big run defense liability. One of them had to go in order to make this defense more balanced. I don’t necessarily see Reddick leaving as a bad thing. 

Who replaces him that's better against the run, though?

General read is that the pass rush opposite Burns is "by committee" at this point.

• Beer 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Who replaces him that's better against the run, though?

General read is that the pass rush opposite Burns is "by committee" at this point.

YGM, we also looked at a few vets like Carlos Dunlap. I wonder if signing Baker makes up more prone to sign a player like Dunlap…