• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker's #?

GOAT

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I don't know that it'd be as huge a "nightmare" as you think, but I also don't believe they'll go that route either way.

It would definitely cause a fan base uproar.  Also, doing that in this slow time of the year, it would be the only thing that the media could drum up to get clicks. 

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

It would definitely cause a fan base uproar.  Also, doing that in this slow time of the year, it would be the only thing that the media could drum up to get clicks. 

Possibly, but I also think a pretty solid portion of the fanbase realizes Newton isn't coming back.

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Possibly, but I also think a pretty solid portion of the fanbase realizes Newton isn't coming back.

It's not a matter of coming back. It's the same as if we allowed players to wear 58, 59 or 89. Tepper said during the last hall of honors ceremony, there are jersey numbers that will never been worn again. 1 is probably one of them when Cam hangs it up. 

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 4

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

It's not a matter of coming back. It's the same as if we allowed players to wear 58, 59 or 89. Tepper said during the last hall of honors ceremony, there are jersey numbers that will never been worn again. 1 is probably one of them when Cam hangs it up. 

Did you miss the back and forth between Tepper and Steve Smith during one of last year's preseason games?

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

Remind me?

"I'll tell you what I'm going to do. I'm going to retire as many, ... you know there's a lot of Hall of Famers on the Pittsburgh Steelers, you know any of them? I'm going to retire as many numbers as the Pittsburgh Steelers have."

"How many is that?" Smith Sr. asked.

"None," Tepper said with a laugh.

Link

Equipment managers are sometimes reluctant to resissue numbers, but Tepper isn't holding ny back.

And let's be honest: Newton could be in his 40s and not having played for 10 years and there's still going to be a vocal portion of the fanbase saying we need to re-sign him.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

its not available. That would be a PR nightmare if they did that. 

Idgaf what anyone says.  No one should EVER wear #1 for this franchise again.  Period.  The moment Cam retires from the league it needs to go up in the ring.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, KillerKat said:

Also I think in preseason you can have some players wear the same number. Might be the way to go until after cuts. Walker most likely is gone and Baker can get his old high school number back if Hekker doesnt want to change.

Rhule will probably stash Darnold on IR during preseason just so he can keep PJ on the roster. 

I dont see a scenario where Rhule cuts PJ. 

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Idgaf what anyone says.  No one should EVER wear #1 for this franchise again.  Period.  The moment Cam retires from the league it needs to go up in the ring.

#17 Should Be up there has well, was a botched kick away from being superbowl mvp, and took this franchise to places we never dreamed possible 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1