• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We should "Brock Osweiler" Sam Darnold if he loses QB competition and Matt Corral looks just as good.

thunderraiden

12 hours ago, pantherj said:

I hate that Sam is taking up a roster spot, but we're on the hook for a lot of money because of Fitt's idiotic blunder.

I can't envision Sam beating out Baker for the starting spot, but at the same time if he does then I think that's it for Rhule and Fitt. Too many mistakes for them too keep their jobs. They ran this ship straight into the rocks.

boats GIF

8 hours ago, CashNewton22 said:

No more trading draft picks. Live with Sam on the roster knowing he’s gonna come in, put his head down and work without causing any issue in the locker room when he inevitably loses the starting qb spot. I know we’re eager to rid ourselves of the poo stain that is Darnold but unless a few significant qb injuries happen we should probably steel ourselves for the likelihood of him as the number 2. He might as well get used to it that’s where he’ll likely remain the rest of his NFL career. 

He strikes me as the type of guy that might actually want to be a backup QB. Money aside I think he'd be happy running scout team during the week and hanging out on the bench drinking gatorade during the games. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

He strikes me as the type of guy that might actually want to be a backup QB. Money aside I think he'd be happy running scout team during the week and hanging out on the bench drinking gatorade during the games. 

And there’s nothing wrong with that. Maybe he doesn’t love the pressure of being a starter…he’ll still make millions every year for at least a decade if not more. If I’m a backup qb and content to be one I’m making sure my agent calls all the teams with a good stable healthy starting qb so I can just run scout team all week and help the starting qb on game day. 

• Beer 1

On 7/16/2022 at 8:26 PM, Jon Snow said:

Did Sam kick your dog or something?  Everyone wants him gone but it's becoming an obsession for some here. Not meant to single you out specifically. It's just that I don't remember a player being this hated around here.

He’s trash and he’s not our trash. We’ll tolerate our own trash for a while, but he came here being the worst starting qb in the NFL and he’s still that. We’re just ready to move on. 

6 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

He’s trash and he’s not our trash. We’ll tolerate our own trash for a while, but he came here being the worst starting qb in the NFL and he’s still that. We’re just ready to move on. 

Percisely, I am most concerned about his stunting Corral's development by taking reps because "we have to keep Darnold sharp if something happens to Baker" bullshit I keep hearing. I don't want his smooth brain field processing to even get close to Corral.

Tepper gave Rhule 62mil over 7 years who then gave up 3 draft picks for Darnold and quickly picked up his fifth year option.  At some point we need to stop giving away draft picks and just wait out the dead wood like Darnold and Rhule.  Hopefully, they will both be gone after the season and the rebuilding process can start in earnest w/ dumb ass Tepper in charge of the new process.  Hopefully, he stays out of it.