• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Hayward on Baker to Carolina.

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Thanks you, AL...  been saying the same thing since last season.  I just don't get all of the hate for Robbie.  Sure, he says certain things, but I feel he operates with a very specific code in mind, and he stands behind it for a reason.  But, he's also shown that he is accountable and flexible.  We've seen him rip into Sam, and then in a thoughtful, reflective moment, has defended him and spoke about their friendship.  Many are saying he made the comments about Baker in defense of Sam because of their relationship, and that makes sense...  but, just as he did with Sam, he has shown he can navigate relationships as needed, and pride isn't an issue.

And as I said non-stop last season, yes the drops were frustrating, buy the whole offense was.  Those guys were fighting a lot of stuff every play that had nothing to do with them...  and I also shared the article where David Newton (I know lol) took all the advanced stats and broke down exactly what was behind Robbie's struggles.  If anyone read it, it would be clear to anyone what he was dealing with and the drops had very little to do with the drop-off in production after he signed his extension.  I honestly think every fanbase needs someone to pinpoint all their frustrations on, and for some reason, a great deal of our garbage has chosen Robbie to be that guy.  I hope he bounces back big time this year and TMJ takes a huge jump too...  and we already know DJ is gonna ball out.

I was a defender of Robbie most of the season but when he said that they didn't need fans that boo, I was off that bandwagon permanently.

You can't play like dogshit all season and then turn on the fans. Derrick Brown did it too. 

I suspect that's the typical Rhule lack of personal responsibility thing.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, CarolinaLivin said:

I can understand people disliking Robby, but we honestly don’t have the depth at receiver right now to just get rid of him. 

TMJ being having solid WR3 numbers this year would be considered a breakout year based off last year (in my opinion)

His production, or lack of it, doesnt make it worth it to keep around a locker room cancer

21 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I was a defender of Robbie most of the season but when he said that they didn't need fans that boo, I was off that bandwagon permanently.

You can't play like dogshit all season and then turn on the fans. Derrick Brown did it too. 

I get that angle, because without fans, there is no game or multimillion dollar contracts...  I definitely wrote Brown off after he said it.  But aside from them both saying it, I dont think it is playing favorites, but I just don't view it the same way with Robbie as I did with Brown.  Brown complaining.  Robbie has to rely on multiple people every play for his production and to play well, whereas Brown had a chance every play he was out there to make a difference and most often he chose to lay down instead.  To me, that's two very different scenarios, which is why I have less of an issue with RA saying it versus what Brown was doing for him to have said that.

• Pie 2

20 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

"Turn on the fans" is a bit hyperbolic. I also take issue with you trying to act like Robbie doesn't care. That's bull. I'm not going to hate on a player for being emotional. The team played like dog sh¡t. Robbie had an extremely bad week of drops--maybe two if you want to look at it that way--but that hasn't been his calling card. He was pressing on a bad team where the QB(s) couldn't maximize his skill set for most of the year. Hell, even Teddy didn't do it in 2020 from my perspective. 

I'm gonna tell you the same as I've told all the Robbie haters; if he has another bad season (which he was really still average in 2021 per PFF), then have at it. Until then, you're just looking like a petty fan with an unrighteous ax to grind.

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I get that angle, because without fans, there is no game or multimillion dollar contracts...  I definitely wrote Brown off after he said it.  But aside from them both saying it, I dont think it is playing favorites, but I just don't view it the same way with Robbie as I did with Brown.  Brown complaining.  Robbie has to rely on multiple people every play for his production and to play well, whereas Brown had a chance every play he was out there to make a difference and most often he chose to lay down instead.  To me, that's two very different scenarios, which is why I have less of an issue with RA saying it versus what Brown was doing for him to have said that.

I’ve said this constantly; if Robbie has a down year this year or a year like last, then I’m ready to join the mob. I can’t write Robbie off yet, as he’s shown he’s capable of producing in this league. People don’t like Robbie personally, and they’re too afraid to say that. They don’t like how he talks, they don’t like his appearance, etc. I can respect @kungfoodudebecause he’s said it was comments that Robbie made that turned him off. I might not agree with em, but I have to respect that because atleast he’s being real on his disdain. 

Edited by AggieLean
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

I’ve said this constantly; if Robbie has a down year this year or a year like last, then I’m ready to join the mob. I can’t write Robbie off yet, as he’s shown he’s capable of producing in this league. People don’t like Robbie personally, and they’re too afraid to say that. They don’t like how he talks, they don’t like his appearance, etc. I can respect @kungfoodudebecause he’s said it was comments that Robbie made that turned him off. I might not agree with em, but I have to respect that because atleast he’s being real on his disdain. 

Or people dont like trash players continuing to talk trash. Just stop.

Just now, KillerKat said:

Or people dont like trash players continuing to talk trash. Just stop.

I won’t stop. You don’t like it, ignore me. It’s simple. You liked plenty of players that talked trash. 

Robbie had a good year just the season before. 

• Pie 3

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Would love to see TMJ emerge in camp making Robbie expendable. We could use some more draft capital. Surely someone would send us a mid-late rounder for him.

Baker Mayfield is a former first overall pick he's still young and he just went for a fifth. I have to think if there were teams looking we would have already heard rumblings about possible trades for Robbie. Other teams see him on social media the same as us fans. If he has a productive season again there could be a move provided Marshall Jr makes strides. But it's going to take a Baker Mayfield resurgence to restore Anderson’s value in the league. Well that and deleting his Twitter app.

Robby's       drop rate was 6.4% and had 500 yards receiving.
Ian Thomas' drop rate was 13.3% and 188 yards receiving. 
Chuba's       drop rate was 18.9%.

I get it, Robby had a down year, but he wasn't the worst.

He yelled at Sam on the sideline.  Most of the huddle wanted to yell at Sam on the sideline.

He didn't want Mayfield.  Most of the huddle didn't want Mayfield.

I don't want him gone.  I want him to play better, and with Mayfield, he might.

Edited by poundaway
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Baker Mayfield is a former first overall pick he's still young and he just went for a fifth. I have to think if there were teams looking we would have already heard rumblings about possible trades for Robbie. Other teams see him on social media the same as us fans. If he has a productive season again there could be a move provided Marshall Jr makes strides. But it's going to take a Baker Mayfield resurgence to restore Anderson’s value in the league. Well that and deleting his Twitter app.

Past draft status has (or at least should) have zero impact on current value. I say "should" because I absolutely think we got hoodwinked into trading significantly too much for Darnold because he was a former #3 overall pick.

Robby is still a fairly young WR with proven past production and legit field stretching capability. If I'm a WR needy team I'd be willing to trade a mid-late rounder for him and hope that last year's down performance was an anomaly and largely due to being in a poo show of a situation.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Adb6368 said:

Rhule picks darnold to try and save face and say that their original assessment was correct.

The only way Rhule saves face is to win games, and that's to play the better QB. 

Sam will only win the competition if Mayfield hasn't recovered from last years injuries.  Even if Sam looks a tad better in camp, Mayfield will start because everyone knows there's a difference between practice and gameday, but it just seems unlikely that Sam will start.

As for previous investment, Rhule and Fit have had no problem cutting losses even if we take a hit in picks or cap.  They've done it before.

Edited by poundaway
  • Pie 1

47 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Robby's       drop rate was 6.4% and had 500 yards receiving.
Ian Thomas' drop rate was 13.3% and 188 yards receiving. 
Chuba's       drop rate was 18.9%.

I get it, Robby had a down year, but he wasn't the worst.

He yelled at Sam on the sideline.  Most of the huddle wanted to yell at Sam on the sideline.

He didn't want Mayfield.  Most of the huddle didn't want Mayfield.

I don't want him gone.  I want him to play better, and with Mayfield, he might.

..not sure what Mayfielids chemistry will be with robbie....it wasnt good with OBJ.... thats cause for concern..