• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Hayward on Baker to Carolina.

4 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

We must have watched entirely different Panthers games last season. The dude had hands of stone, ran meh routes and was more than happy to throw others under the bus rather than take responsibility. 

But you have been talking down on Robbie for 2 years now. Let’s not be disingenuous, and act like last season started your rampage on Robbie. Keep in mind, Robbie had good year prior to last, and his NYJ numbers were mediocre, but well above camp fodder.

Again, you don’t like that man for reasons more than just football. Just say that. 

• Pie 2

17 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

But you have been talking down on Robbie for 2 years now. Let’s not be disingenuous, and act like last season started your rampage on Robbie. Keep in mind, Robbie had good year prior to last, and his NYJ numbers were mediocre, but well above camp fodder.

Again, you don’t like that man for reasons more than just football. Just say that. 

I'd say that considering the context, that Robbie Anderson's numbers were above average in New York. I know I could be kinda splitting hairs. In my opinion, he's only had one off year, and that was 2021. It's unfortunate that this coincided with his above average contract. Hopefully it was a blip in the road for him and the rest of the franchise.

Edited by top dawg

55 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

You're trying to imply something here.

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

Times are tough, but they've always been for many people. The fact that they'd welcome what could be considered hypocrisy or wrong--depending on one's perspective--in order to get paid or having after being paid just shows how off kilter that society has gotten. But that's another discussion that's perhaps more appropriate other forums.

I think that Robbie, just like many athletes, has to literally accept the boos because a portion of folks are going to do it regardless. The issue for some seems to be that he spoke up about it. He called out some fans. To me, he's got a point, but to others he should keep his mouth shut. 

In general, I think that people should remember that athletes are people too (with all types of personalities and experiences). They must remember that fans are too. Just like fans voice their displeasure, athletes are going to do that sometimes as well. It doesn't make either of them bad people.

I could go on, but suffice it to say that I believe in that there are better ways to display your displeasure than booing your own team. 

Society and intellectual thought in general is in a downward spiral regardless of whatever shenanigans about sports we might be discussing at any given moment. I personally wouldn't boo my own team I would just get up and leave but if someone else does I don't think it's an unspeakable thing to endure. There are soccer players who get bananas thrown at them in other countries now that is disgusting and indefensible. But we don't have to agree on the boos it's fine I just hope the offense performs better. Winning cures all as the saying goes.

23 hours ago, AggieLean said:

And stop with the shots at Robby. He’s shown he can play in this league. He’s not a #1, but he’s a solid #2 that can be your 1 for a small length of time. I hope Baker can bring him back to his play a couple years ago

agreed, anderson is annoying but it's because he has an enormous ego, which is essential for a wide receiver, so i don't get the hate. also he's our only guy who can truly stretch the field. if you have questions at QB why on earth would you jettison a guy like that because he gets on your nerves as a fan?

silly takes around here 

Would love to see Darnold emerge and win starting job simply because I don't believe his dismal performance last year was all his fault any more than the panthers brass felt that his performance at NY was all his fault. They basically thrust him into the same situation.