• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Re: Last year's defense

Mr. Scot

Just now, Mage said:

Panthers allowed the 8th fewest first downs in the NFL and led the league in shortest number of plays per drive allowed.  

"Wasn't a good defense"

Panthers allowed almost 30 points a game to some of the worst teams in the league.

"Man, what a dominant defense" 😆

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

As well thought out a response as I'd expect from you.

Let me know the next time people are up for celebrating a 5-12 season because "Hey, we had damn good stats!"

Bro, what kind of dumbass logic is this?  Nobody is celebrating a 5-12 season

This is why talking to you is so infuriating lol. You change goal-posts constantly.  You do realize you can both be unsatisfied with the performance of the overall team and yet still acknowledge the defense was good, right?  

The Panthers gave up a lot of leads primarily because the offense was hot garbage.  Was the defense perfect?  No, of course not, but they were good enough for the Panthers to contend for the playoffs had the offense been above average.  Just because they couldn't will the team to the postseason like the freakin' 00 Ravens doesn't make them bad, and the fact that you would try to create that parallel is exactly the kind of idiocy I would expect from you.

And honestly, I have no problem calling you out in the manner that I am because you consistently belittle others on this site.  

Edited by Mage

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Panthers allowed almost 30 points a game to some of the worst teams in the league.

"Man, what a dominant defense" 😆

You are such an idiot.  Here you go twisting words again.  Am I the only one around here who notices how much you consistently do this?

Please show me one post, just one, where I referred to the Panthers defense as dominant.  When have I ever made that assertion? 

6 minutes ago, Mage said:

You do realize you can both be unsatisfied with the performance of the overall team and yet still acknowledge the defense was good, right?  

No problem at all, if the defense was actually good.

It wasn't...at all.

As others have said, good players, lousy coaching. Snow's schemes got figured out about three games in after he'd feasted on some lousy offenses. From that point on, even sh-t offenses like the Giants could put up big points on us.

Edited by Mr. Scot

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

From that point on, even sh-t offenses like the Giants could put up big points on us.

What an absurd statement. 

Giants didn't score their first touchdown until there was 59 seconds left in the 3rd quarter.  The only other touchdown they was scored was late in the 4th after the Panthers turned the ball over on downs on their own 18 yard line.  They also had a 53 yard field goal gifted to them after the Panthers punted and gave them the ball on their own 46 yard line.  Giants only needed 19 yards that drive to get into field goal range.  

Panthers that game had 12 drives on offense.  1 ended in a safety.  1 ended in an interception. 2 ended in turnovers on downs.  7 ended in punts, including an astonishing 3 and outs.  

But yeah, the Giants offense "put up big points on us."

I mean seriously dude, out of all 17 games, it was that game you tried to use to slam the defense lol?  

Edited by Mage

1 minute ago, Mage said:

What an absurd statement. 

Giants didn't score their first touchdown until there was 59 seconds left in the 3rd quarter.  The only other touchdown they was scored was late in the 4th after the Panthers turned the ball over on downs on their own 18 yard line.  They also had a 53 yard field goal gifted to them after the Panthers punted and gave them the ball on their own 46 yard line.  Giants only needed 19 yards that drive to get into field goal range.  

Panthers that game had 12 drives on offense.  1 ended in a safety.  1 ended in an interception. 2 ended in turnovers on downs.  7 ended in punts, including an astonishing [b]6[/b] 3 and outs.  

But yeah, the Giants offense "put up big points on us."

I mean seriously dude, out of all 17 games, it was that game you tried to use to slam the defense lol?  

That the Giants are one of several I could have chosen shows how much you're reaching to try to defend this argument.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That the Giants are one of several I could have chosen shows how much you're reaching to try to defend this argument.

But the Giants isn't true.  The defense wasn't at fault that game.  And I literally just showed you why.  So no, they aren't "one of several."  

But give it a shot. Explain to us how the defense was the problem that game.  I would LOVE to hear that argument.

All you do is spout BS.  The only one who is reaching here is you, considering you have twisted my words on at least two occasions already in this thread.  So if I am reaching, then go ahead.  Tell me how the Giants offense put up "big points" on the defense and why it was the defenses fault.  I gave you reasons why I didn't think it was on the defense and predictably, you didn't respond to any of them. So if I am reaching, then it should be pretty easy for you to counter, right?

Also, why didn't you respond to me asking you for when I referred to the defense as dominant?  Since you aren't reaching and I am, it should be pretty easy for you to find where I called them dominant or even great, right?

Edited by Mage

5 minutes ago, Mage said:

But the Giants isn't true.  The defense wasn't at fault that game.  And I literally just showed you why.  So no, they aren't "one of several."  

But give it a shot. Explain to us how the defense was the problem that game.  I would LOVE to hear that argument.

All you do is spout BS.  The only one who is reaching here is you, considering you have twisted my words on at least two occasions already in this thread.  So if I am reaching, then go ahead.  Tell me how the Giants offense put up "big points" on the defense and why it was the defenses fault.  I gave you reasons why I didn't think it was on the defense and predictably, you didn't respond to any of them. So if I am reaching, then it should be pretty easy for you to counter, right?

Also, why didn't you respond to me asking you for when I referred to the defense as dominant?  Since you aren't reaching and I am, it should be pretty easy for you to find where I called them dominant or even great, right?

"2000 Ravens defense would have won it"

1 minute ago, Mage said:

But the Giants isn't true.  The defense wasn't at fault that game.  And I literally just showed you why.

I'll actually turn the challenge back your way.

As mentioned, the Giants are just one example. If your argument that the defense was actually good is true, you should be able to show multiple examples of why it wasn't their fault they gave up nearly 300 points to both bad and good teams over the last 12 games or so.

If you can accomplish that, then I'll review the Giants game as you wish.

Up for the challenge?

• Poo 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'll actually turn the challenge back your way.

As mentioned, the Giants are just one example. If your argument that the defense was actually good is true, you should be able to show multiple examples of why it wasn't their fault they gave up nearly 300 points to both bad and good teams over the last 12 games or so.

If you can accomplish that, then I'll review the Giants game as you wish.

LMAO

Is this not the biggest cop-out ever seen on the forum? Guy makes a statement, gets called out for how BS it was, and then instead of admitting he was wrong, tells me that I have to explain and defend 12 games all for him to defend 1 (which he probably won't do anyway). 

You are hilarious, dude. Never change.

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Mage said:

LMAO

Is this not the biggest cop-out ever seen on the forum? Guy makes a statement, gets called out for how BS it was, and then instead of admitting he was wrong, tells me that I have to explain and defend 12 games all for him to defend 1 (which he probably won't do anyway). 

You are hilarious, dude. Never change.

I don't plan to change 😁

But the two reasons I made the challenge are 1) You're trying to use a single example to ignore the larger picture, thus when asked to expand your focus the "cop out" is on your part because you know once you look at other games, the argument is going to fall flat.

And 2) I'm currently following Lady Cowboy Fan around Sam's Club, so not in a position to do anything in-depth, but maybe later 😆

Of course, that depends on your answer 😎

This stat explains the OP stat.

Expecting a D to stop all scoring, shows a lack of understanding of how football works.

Anyone who came away from watching our games and said we lost because of our D, must have slept through the 2nd and 3rd quarter.

Edited by poundaway