• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter King talks about David Tepper...

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

I have no "allegiance" whatsoever but am willing to bet on the Appaloosa for a couple of reasons...

...(i) keen handle on the challenges and timing of complex turnarounds...

...and (ii) a true understanding of how Tepper put himself into a position to pay cash for the Carolina Panthers (and no it wasn't "systematic fractional pocket stuffing" 🤦‍♂️🤣) and how those skills will transfer...

...all that's required from you, is patience 👌.

As Whiny Aaron would say, R-E-L-A-X 🤘.

Yeah, none of that has jack sh-t to do with football.

Which shows, yet again, that you have no idea what you're talking about.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The ultimate secret to winning as an owner is putting the right people in charge.

That's something Tepper hasn't done. Nor has he shown he's able to do so.

Until he does, we're gonna continue to be bad.

Seriously.

He openly admitted when he bought the team that he was a "business" owner with the Steelers, meaning he knew nothing about football operations.

So he buys a floundering team, with the head of said team having a God awful winning seasons vs losing seasons record, and doesn't hire a good team Prez, or "Head of Football Operations" guy.

That has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever seen someone do that should know better.

• Beer 2

Just now, thefuzz said:

Seriously.

He openly admitted when he bought the team that he was a "business" owner with the Steelers, meaning he knew nothing about football operations.

So he buys a floundering team, with the head of said team having a God awful winning seasons vs losing seasons record, and doesn't hire a good team Prez, or "Head of Football Operations" guy.

That has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever seen someone do that should know better.

Hell, even that could have been forgiven.

But when you follow that up by giving both a huge contract and full control to a college coach with one year of pro experience as an assistant to an assistant, you pretty much confirm to everyone watching that you have no frigging clue what you're doing.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

7 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

I have no "allegiance" whatsoever but am willing to bet on the Appaloosa for a couple of reasons...

...(i) keen handle on the challenges and timing of complex turnarounds...

...and (ii) a true understanding of how Tepper put himself into a position to pay cash for the Carolina Panthers (and no it wasn't "systematic fractional pocket stuffing" 🤦‍♂️🤣) and how those skills will transfer...

...all that's required from you, is patience 👌.

As Whiny Aaron would say, R-E-L-A-X 🤘.

Cool. No patience for foolery and wrong headedness. 

We don't owe Tepper an ounce of patience. 

ITS TIME FOR ACCOUNTABILITY and RESPONSIBILITY.

He's not good at what he's doing unless he's trying to fully tank the franchise and sell it off. 

If that's the plan....GREAT JOB!

Women Clap GIF by James Clapham

If not, humble thyself and fall at the feet of Panthers nation and beg forgiveness for making our fandom and jerseys and PSLs and Panther themed man castles WORTHLESS.

Four years of brand new ownership of an NFL franchise is not enough time to build a troubled franchise into a perennial contender. 

Running a successful franchise is not static, it's dynamic. Patience is your friend; a lack of patience is your enemy. 

18 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Good question. Marty was all over Justin Herbert.

I would have moved heaven and earth to put that guy in a Panthers uniform.

Marty got overRhuled on that one.

So if you were the owner Herbert would for sure be in Panthers gear today, got it 👍.

You’d have seen fit to retain the almost universally loathed Hurdog, and as owner you would have completely removed yourself from the process and allowed The Hurdog to operate unfettered, and you’re 100% positive he’d have come back from the draft with Justin in tow, got it 👍.

If I remember correctly Justin was picked #6 and the Panthers didn’t pick until #7…

🤔

9 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Four years of brand new ownership of an NFL franchise is not enough time to build a troubled franchise into a perennial contender. 

Running a successful franchise is not static, it's dynamic. Patience is your friend; a lack of patience is your enemy. 

Exactly 🙌.

And while he officially moved into the house in July 2018 the die was cast for that season and Tepp had no ability to affect it — that one accrues to Jerry’s ledger. 

5 > 5 > 5 since is disappointing and Tepper would be the first to say so but there’s only 1-out in the bottom of the 1st inning of this game…

…R-E-L-A-X folks 🤘🤙

16 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

ACCOUNTABILITY.

Exactly what does this mean to you?

Tepper is not selling the team so disavow yourself of that notion…

…knowing that, what could Tepper do today to make you happy**?

**Note:  firing Rhule near-term isn’t going to happen either so don’t bring that up 🤦‍♂️.

11 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

So if you were the owner Herbert would for sure be in Panthers gear today, got it 👍.

You’d have seen fit to retain the almost universally loathed Hurdog, and as owner you would have completely removed yourself from the process and allowed The Hurdog to operate unfettered, and you’re 100% positive he’d have come back from the draft with Justin in tow, got it 👍.

If I remember correctly Justin was picked #6 and the Panthers didn’t pick until #7…

🤔

Didn't say I would have kept Hurndog. Hurndog is good in a limited space of operation. If you're using him incorrectly that's on you.

Good leadership can actually put people in place to succeed.

I'm not banging on Tepper to bang on Tepper. My wish was he would be better than JR, BUT HE'S NOT and it's obvious not only to us but the nation as a whole.

I wish Tepper had the smarts to fix what he's messed up. Doesn't look like it.

2 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Exactly what does this mean to you?

Tepper is not selling the team so disavow yourself of that notion…

…knowing that, what could Tepper do today to make you happy**?

**Note:  firing Rhule near-term isn’t going to happen either so don’t bring that up 🤦‍♂️.

HUMILITY. ADMIT FAILURE. Without first recognizing you've failed there is no recourse and people will continue to pocket your money and tell you Yes,Yes,Yes.

3 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I'm not banging on Tepper to bang on Tepper.

Sure you are.  Also, no way Herbert or any other “franchise” QB would be here now if you were owner.

5 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

My wish was he would be better than JR, BUT HE'S NOT and it's obvious not only to us but the nation as a whole.

It’s WAAAAYYY too early to make a conclusion/statement of this nature…

…such a statement demonstrates a complete lack of awareness (much less understanding 🤦‍♂️) of the concepts of cyclicality & volatility…

…trust me, your owner has complete command of both and over the course of 25-years I’m betting on him to come out on top 🐎💵🏆👊.

• Poo 1