• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter King talks about David Tepper...

Mr. Scot

31 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Rhule hire - fail

Joe Brady hire - fail

Bridgewater trade - fail

Darnold trade - fail

Cam Erving free agent signing - fail

Practice facility construction - fail

What are his accomplishments?

image.jpeg.a0324fb30d9b3ddb3b785845b6984a45.jpeg

and 

image.png.9427e46c975c34690a83975178499606.png

all Tepper’s accomplishments have nothing to do with football.   And you can argue they have been to football’s detriment.   Turf.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 2

Will he change and improve or just keep doing it his way which has been awful since buying the Panthers?

A tale of hope and fear brought to you by the NFL. Tepper needs a bigger and much more embarrassing fail to start to comprehend how poorly he has done it all so far is my guess. Then we get to see if that question can be answered for us fans. 

57 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Rhule hire - fail

Joe Brady hire - fail

Bridgewater trade - fail

Darnold trade - fail

Don't forget HOW he treated Cam and G-Reg.

1 hour ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Sure you are.  Also, no way Herbert or any other “franchise” QB would be here now if you were owner.

It’s WAAAAYYY too early to make a conclusion/statement of this nature…

…such a statement demonstrates a complete lack of awareness (much less understanding 🤦‍♂️) of the concepts of cyclicality & volatility…

…trust me, your owner has complete command of both and over the course of 25-years I’m betting on him to come out on top 🐎💵🏆👊.

I was genuinely hoping he would succeed for the sake of all we know Panthers.

He failed us dude. It's been five years of weird, irrational flailing.

I don't know what you're selling but being here as a day one Panthers fan, NOBODY is buying the turd shining job you do here on Teppers behalf every day.

We can smell the friggin turd. You can put garnish around it on a silver platter, NOBODY is buying it!

Appaloser until PROVEN otherwise.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, rebelrouser said:

Rhule hire - fail

Joe Brady hire - fail

Bridgewater trade - fail

Darnold trade - fail

Black helmets 😛

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

The thing about this particular learning curve is that not everybody learns.

There are guys who have been NFL owners way longer than Tepper who still haven't pulled their heads out of their asses.

It's not guaranteed that Tepper ever will.

I'm glad you're staying positive about it

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, rippadonn said:

HUMILITY. ADMIT FAILURE. Without first recognizing you've failed there is no recourse and people will continue to pocket your money and tell you Yes,Yes,Yes.

Son, your positions/opinions are mindblowingly myopic -- this is what "failure" looks like 🤦‍♂️...

AD6B37A0-E5D5-4BC8-8671-8B3C54A16754.jpeg

5 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Son, your positions/opinions are mindblowingly myopic -- this is what "failure" looks like 🤦‍♂️...

AD6B37A0-E5D5-4BC8-8671-8B3C54A16754.jpeg

So your point is we have a lot more Appalosing before we're the Cleveland Browns?

We'd rather not go there. AND he's done nothing "smart" yet! Rats are jumping ship.

Something is up. You'd better check in at the office!

If a guy comes out and says, "hey, I'm human. I made mistakes, you've been witness. It's a harder job than I could have ever imagined and I have a newfound respect for the job my predecessor did.

Although we planned to do better and make you prouder as fans and a community, we haven't met that goal. I myself am disappointed and I'm dissatisfied. Change is certain. I will keep the flame that was lit in 1995. 

What MUST remain from the Panthers of old is toughness, what KEEP POUNDING really means. I've made mistakes. Allegedly we've been called soft. That can never be. Golf and dinners will be replaced by playbooks and filmwork. Donuts will be replaced with high protein. Coddlers will be replaced by fighters, leaders of men."

Instant respect would be given, but no instead of real solutions or finally doing something different instead of the same damn mind numbingly stupid yearly practice of recycling failed NFL QBs(not Cam;-)) That have yielded millions to an amateur athletics coach with another 5 win season ahead without major strategic changes.

For one, I don't consider Mac Jones to be a better than Corral at equal points in their career. Corral is more dynamic  running while staying an accurate passer while doing so.

Mac played. Let back ups be backups. F' hookups.

Let's Go

Screenshot_20220618-002624~2.png

Edited by rippadonn

34 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

So your point is we have a lot more Appalosing before we're the Cleveland Browns?

We'd rather not go there. AND he's done nothing "smart" yet! Rats are jumping ship.

Something is up. You'd better check in at the office!

2/3'rds of The League have had playoff droughts of 10yrs or more, and several franchises have done it more than once...

...3yrs is nothing...

...perhaps switching to another team would be a good idea for you 🫵 because your expectations are unrealistic.  

Edited by SizzleBuzz

3 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

2/3'rds of The League have had playoff droughts of 10yrs or more, and several franchises have done it more than once...

...3yrs is nothing...

...perhaps switching to another team would be a good idea for you 🫵 because your expectations are unrealistic.  

5 years. Weird. Flailing.

7 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

...3yrs is nothing...

Yeah, I was born into Bear fandom until 1995 I got to see a team born in the city I moved too. They were called the Carolina Panthers. I'm still here.

So always having kept track with the Bears, highs and mostly lows. I'd consider my expectations of my Panthers team to be a reflection of their prior success which has of recent history more than the Bears.

I have prospective. You think it OK for a guy to act like he knows what he's doing while everything is on fire behind him. You don't even know there's a fire.

This Is Fine GIF