• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corral signed

Mr. Scot

Unless Corral looks like a can't miss prospect, I am for drafting a QB in next years draft to keep all options open.  I'm tired of getting pigeon-holed into a last gasp solution at QB.  Darnold is gone after this season, I have no doubts.  If Baker flops or wants a long-term, big money deal after anything less than a MVP-esque season...let him walk too.  Remember, Corral is the only QB inked beyond this season for the Panthers.

In that scenario at least we would have another open competition and not be stuck with an unproven Corral as our only option.

• Pie 4

16 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Unless Corral looks like a can't miss prospect, I am for drafting a QB in next years draft to keep all options open.  I'm tired of getting pigeon-holed into a last gasp solution at QB.  Darnold is gone after this season, I have no doubts.  If Baker flops or wants a long-term, big money deal after anything less than a MVP-esque season...let him walk too.  Remember, Corral is the only QB inked beyond this season for the Panthers.

In that scenario at least we would have another open competition and not be stuck with an unproven Corral as our only option.

If Baker isn’t the answer and Corral is still a question mark, we should absolutely draft one IMO. We would have a very cheap QB room against the cap also. 

• Pie 2

Just now, ForJimmy said:

If Baker isn’t the answer and Corral is still a question mark, we should absolutely draft one IMO. We would have a very cheap QB room against the cap also. 

If we get to the point where we know Baker isn't the answer, we better be answering the question marks about Corral as well instead of waiting.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, BrianS said:

If we get to the point where we know Baker isn't the answer, we better be answering the question marks about Corral as well instead of waiting.

Yeah if we're obviously toast in December they need to play Corral, no point in watching 2 guys who probably won't be here next year finish the season if we're out of the playoff contention

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah if we're obviously toast in December they need to play Corral, no point in watching 2 guys who probably won't be here next year finish the season if we're out of the playoff contention

Yeah, but any bozo can look great for 2-3 games. 

I expect Corral will get some game time but will still be a question mark next off-season.

If Baker sucks, corral will get a legit shot. If Baker works out, Corrals career is most likely toast.

40 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Depends on where we draft and how much it costs to move up. In 2022, quarterback costs were very small to draft a good one. In 2021 it took multiple firsts to move up to snag a top QB. If they stay as sought after as 2021, I am not sure cheap would apply if it costs multiple firsts to acquire even if they are on a rookie contract.

44 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Depends on where we draft and how much it costs to move up. In 2022, quarterback costs were very small to draft a good one. In 2021 it took multiple firsts to move up to snag a top QB. If they stay as sought after as 2021, I am not sure cheap would apply if it costs multiple firsts to acquire even if they are on a rookie contract.

I doubt we are good enough to be lower than mid-round in the first.  ON PAPER, this 2023 QB class is loaded.  As they say, that's why they play the games.  If this class lives up to it's billing, we may not have to move up to get a quality guy.   Deep QB classes have guys "fall" to the mid-round.  Mac Jones is the latest example.

• Beer 1

23 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

You finally put some sugar on it, didn't you?

I'm sure it's the exact same contract.  He just needed to sign before camp.  It looks like Willis just recently signed with the Titans as well.  Kind of weird they are all waiting until the last minute...

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I'm sure it's the exact same contract.  He just needed to sign before camp.  It looks like Willis just recently signed with the Titans as well.  Kind of weird they are all waiting until the last minute...

Something to do with getting their roster bonuses paid by the 5th day of training camp starting next year, more of the money up front I guess.