• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corral signed

Mr. Scot

4 hours ago, panthers55 said:

Depends on where we draft and how much it costs to move up. In 2022, quarterback costs were very small to draft a good one. In 2021 it took multiple firsts to move up to snag a top QB. If they stay as sought after as 2021, I am not sure cheap would apply if it costs multiple firsts to acquire even if they are on a rookie contract.

With as deep of a class as 2023 is speculated to be, one should be there when we are drafting.  Remember if we are letting Baker walk he didn't perform to a top level which means we will be middle of the pack or higher drafting.  

23 hours ago, Tbe said:

Yeah, but any bozo can look great for 2-3 games. 

I expect Corral will get some game time but will still be a question mark next off-season.

If Baker sucks, corral will get a legit shot. If Baker works out, Corrals career is most likely toast.

If Corral, who is supposed to be pretty raw and need a full year to develop to unlock his potential, looks "great for 2-3 games" in his rookie year, that means a lot more to me than Sam Darnold or Kyle Allen looking decent for short stretches after a few years of NFL coaching. I'd be pretty damn excited and want to give him the best chance to take over rather than have him looking over his shoulder at a 2023 1st round pick.

The real question is what to do if he looks like a middling starter on the Baker Mayfield tier. That's where the debate gets more interesting. Because you project he'll get better but you don't really know by how much. In that scenario, I'd keep drafting a 2023 QB an option if the value is there. If not, let him play out 2023 and if he flounders, we're presumably in great position to draft a top qb in 2024.

• Beer 1