• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Looking at Danny Shelton in FA

ncfan

Just now, Basbear said:

Brother all is needed like 30% of snaps and holding hands. Trades are still in play too......Ive been wondering what the raiders would take for Colin Ferrell...can not be more than 7th/6th.

Plus panthers have some players to trade, glulp OL ERV or Elf for a DL.....

HAHAHAH Imagine a team trading for Erving or Elf that would be hilarious. I wish!!!

2 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

HAHAHAH Imagine a team trading for Erving or Elf that would be hilarious. I wish!!!

Its possible with injuries, I mean look at whom the bears just signed the last couple days.......besides did you forget the fhins TRADED for Greg "o muh godd" Little...

I do doubt it happens, player for player deals are rare. Still its on the table. Id take either as a 6/7th role. ERV can play all 5.....bad but its not he point.....Elf  can play 3 spots......very bad but not the point....

2 hours ago, Basbear said:

Its possible with injuries, I mean look at whom the bears just signed the last couple days.......besides did you forget the fhins TRADED for Greg "o muh godd" Little...

I do doubt it happens, player for player deals are rare. Still its on the table. Id take either as a 6/7th role. ERV can play all 5.....bad but its not he point.....Elf  can play 3 spots......very bad but not the point....

Look at what we paid those two bozos.... Thats why we would never be able to trade them. If someone traded for one of them I would be insanely happy for a 2030 7th just to get them off this team. Can we save money by cutting them this year? I have no clue why Eflein re-structured... No idea why Rhule has such a fetish for a guy who was cut by Bengals and Jets and was left/shouldnt be in the league. 

• 2 weeks later...

Chiefs signed DT Danny Shelton to a one-year contract.

Shelton did not particularly distinguish himself in small action for the Giants last year, posting a 43.4 PFF run defense grade. He hasn't had an above-average PFF grade in the area since 2019. The monster nose will join the interior rotation in Kansas City, likely playing behind Derrick Nnadi. 

10 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

It's pretty slim pickings until camp cuts. Everyones looking at the same few functional FA's right now, and they're basically all past their prime. 

I still see a few "names", can not comment if theres gas/desire leftd. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/defensive-line/available/

Off the top Bills, raiders, commies, are a few that may cut decent DL as well.

I think if the 72 old coach did his job, panthers have enough with the 5 of roy, brown, matt, nixon, and hoskins at DT. Edge has 5 as well, more if you include LBs ala luvu. Maybe Finessserererer has giving a public plea to the group- "show me I dont need to bring outsiders in..." 

• Beer 2

We need an end, not a tackle.  Sounding like a broken record going back to last year, but we are a Brian Burns injury away form having the weakest DE room in the League.  YGM, still unproven.  Haynes, a one trick pony--speed rush, and then a bunch of no-names. 

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 1