• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

News from other NFL camps

Mr. Scot

Can someone help me understand what this means:

ESPN's Mike Reiss reports the number of "no-chance" plays have been "notable" so far in Patriots camp. 

"It's not that there haven't been successful plays, but the lack of consistency and frequency of 'no-chance' plays has also been notable from the media tent," was Reiss' complete observation. Well alright then. Coach Bill Belichick has praised Mac Jones' "dramatic" improvement, but he has also put former defensive coordinator Matt Patricia in charge of calling plays. It is fair to wonder how the Pats' play design might be post-Josh McDaniels. There is also a deep skill corps but one lacking in true playmakers. Perhaps this is just a case of the Pats' defense playing really, really well in the early days of camp, but there is off-the-rails potential here. 

does this mean the plays failed right out of the huddle?

47 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

ESPN's Mike Reiss reports the number of "no-chance" plays have been "notable" so far in Patriots camp. 

"It's not that there haven't been successful plays, but the lack of consistency and frequency of 'no-chance' plays has also been notable from the media tent," was Reiss' complete observation. Well alright then. Coach Bill Belichick has praised Mac Jones' "dramatic" improvement, but he has also put former defensive coordinator Matt Patricia in charge of calling plays. It is fair to wonder how the Pats' play design might be post-Josh McDaniels. There is also a deep skill corps but one lacking in true playmakers. Perhaps this is just a case of the Pats' defense playing really, really well in the early days of camp, but there is off-the-rails potential here. 

I'm...not really sure 🤔

• Beer 2

15 hours ago, stbugs said:

I was a huge Cowboys fan growing up (older than the Panthers) and I gave up on them after Jerry forced Jimmy out due to his ego. Jerry is a complete and utter douche and I couldn’t be happier that he just can’t win.

Same here. The day Jones fired the best coach in football because he'd rather go fishing that kiss his ass, the boys were dead to me. Luckily NC got it's own team a year later...

Edit: Jerry Jones is a piece of poo.

Edited by shaqattaq

14 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Sounds like there are some plays that have 0% of working with Jones / current skills guys.

28 minutes ago, stbugs said:

If the Dolphins and Jets start taking a step forward the Pats will be in trouble. They got pummeled by the Bills when the weather wasn’t crazy enough for no passing. Even then, the Bills should have won that game. If the Pats can’t go 4-0 against the Dolphins and Jets (2-2 last year), they’ll have a tough year. Jones isn’t good enough to take over a game. Last year they were 6-0 versus us, Jets, Jags, Houston and Atlanta. Ignore that never pass game against Buffalo they were 3-8 against decent to good teams, including the playoffs. No Atlanta, us (last year’s version), Houston and Jax on their schedule this year.

I think the Bills flip it and the Jets and Phins stay poorly run franchises. I could see the Phins maybe taling a step this year with the owner being suspended but deflating next year when he returns. I just can't put much believe in poorly run teams. The Bills are set to rule that division for now.

Yeah Jones was a quick fix with an incredibly low ceiling. Watching Pickett in Pittsburgh and Jones in NE is a form of payback I guess lol.

3 hours ago, Waldo said:

Sounds like BBs time is winding down in the NFL, no one can keep it up forever. I was banking on a huge slump from Jones this year but not a all out implosion. Sounds fun.

i think BBs time ended when Brady left. we’ve seen which one of them is really responsible for those super bowls.

21 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

i think BBs time ended when Brady left. we’ve seen which one of them is really responsible for those super bowls.

Both. If Belichick had jumped ship to land on a loaded roster a head coach away from competing the results would've likely looked similar to Brady jumping ship to a loaded roster a QB away from competing.

• Pie 3