Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

News from other NFL camps


Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I am on record saying we should have gotten Howell with our next pick and had both he and corral battling it out.   Improves our odds dramatically.

What about next year's class?  Draft one again in the first?  It would be crazy value to have one where Howell was drafted.....

  • Pie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

What about next year's class?  Draft one again in the first?  It would be crazy value to have one where Howell was drafted.....

not following your here

In theory if we drafted both and not traded for baker I think, if managed correctly (which is you know comical at best) that if either howell or corral are going to be starters in the nfl that one would emerge during camp and in the season.  But I get Rhule doesnt have the luxury of doing that.  He has pissed away any building timeline from the past 2 years

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

not following your here

In theory if we drafted both and not traded for baker I think, if managed correctly (which is you know comical at best) that if either howell or corral are going to be starters in the nfl that one would emerge during camp and in the season.  But I get Rhule doesnt have the luxury of doing that.  He has pissed away any building timeline from the past 2 years

If we drafted Corral and Howell (which I’m not against) and we underperform so we get a new coach next year. Would would want use our draft on another young QB in the 1st to compete? We would have a crowded but cheap QB room. 
With just Corral m it seems easier to justify drafting another next year than if we have 2 rookies IMO. 

Edited by ForJimmy
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

If we drafted Corral and Howell (which I’m not against) and we underperform so we get a new coach next year. Would would want use our draft on another young QB in the 1st to compete? We would have a crowded but cheap QB room. 

Gotcha,  depending on how the qb looked.  If both were just looking like 3rd and 5th round picks and probably career back ups then yes go for a new one in the first with a new staff.

 

If either of the 2 showed promise even if we were still losing games then just keep rolling with them. 

 

My gut and brain however simply says the odds are astronomical for either to be quality franchise qbs and the new staff is going to have to draft a new guy in the first in 2023.   Ive said it 1000 times this is why "red shirting" corral this season is fuging retarded.  Roll his ass out there in TC, roll his ass out there in preseason and lets see what we are dealing with.    If he can play he can play.  

 

Take last night for example.  Willis is a bigger project then MC.  By a country mile a bigger project but he showed last night he has potential and skill set to be a nfl qb.  I dont think sitting him is going to do him any favors, he needs reps and experience.  If for whatever reason the titans tanked and had a top 5 pick I doubt they go with a new qb with willis already on their team.  Basically what I am saying is if corral shows any promise in the preseason games his ass needs to play something meaningful at some point in the season. 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Gotcha,  depending on how the qb looked.  If both were just looking like 3rd and 5th round picks and probably career back ups then yes go for a new one in the first with a new staff.

 

If either of the 2 showed promise even if we were still losing games then just keep rolling with them. 

 

My gut and brain however simply says the odds are astronomical for either to be quality franchise qbs and the new staff is going to have to draft a new guy in the first in 2023.   Ive said it 1000 times this is why "red shirting" corral this season is fuging retarded.  Roll his ass out there in TC, roll his ass out there in preseason and lets see what we are dealing with.    If he can play he can play.  

 

Take last night for example.  Willis is a bigger project then MC.  By a country mile a bigger project but he showed last night he has potential and skill set to be a nfl qb.  I dont think sitting him is going to do him any favors, he needs reps and experience.  If for whatever reason the titans tanked and had a top 5 pick I doubt they go with a new qb with willis already on their team.  Basically what I am saying is if corral shows any promise in the preseason games his ass needs to play something meaningful at some point in the season. 

I can see both sides.  I believe Corral has hinted towards not being ready and Baker being one of the biggest helps out of all of his teammates.  It will be good to have a vet like Baker out there while our line learns to gel and let a young QB like Corral or draft pick take over a much more stable OL.  Willis flashed some potential, but it was also a preseason game and teams aren't really game-planning around him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

not following your here

In theory if we drafted both and not traded for baker I think, if managed correctly (which is you know comical at best) that if either howell or corral are going to be starters in the nfl that one would emerge during camp and in the season.  But I get Rhule doesnt have the luxury of doing that.  He has pissed away any building timeline from the past 2 years

I also wanted to double dip last year and not take Baker. This staff is stupid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I am on record saying we should have gotten Howell with our next pick and had both he and corral battling it out.   Improves our odds dramatically.

like when the chargers had breesus and rivers. hope that at least one pans out, and if you get lucky and hit on both, you can trade one for a big return.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...