• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thursday Panthers Camp Updates

Zod

4 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

I haven't seen any mention at all of OL stuff that specifically happened today by anyone.

Other than a few brief mentions of Brady starting at LT with Ickey rotating in later I didn't see much either.

Edited by Floppin

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Not understanding this charade at all.  Yall had all last season to try BC at LT and you didn't want to.  But now, with a widely-regarded franchise LT on the roster, let's pretend we're gonna a play BC over him!

Only grace I'll give the staff is Campen wasn't here last year, so he may want a look at everybody, but other than that, fug all that.

I'm assuming it's just familiarity for now. Brady at least has a year of seasoning while this is Ickey's first camp. I'm not going to stress about it much prior to even the first preseason game. It's mostly an observe and then practice type of situation for Ickey so far.

Edited by Floppin

5 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

It's the same garbage he did last year.  Smh...  I really wish they would quit wasting reps on him.

Yeah Kunkel thinks Sam won the day by playing safer which I think is ridiculous. Baker also has never thrown to these guys in an actual practice. The only way he's gonna get timing and chemistry down with them is to throw to them at every level, figure out each guys idiosyncrasies. If it's anything like their current careers moving forward you get the same amount of interceptions from either guy, Baker will just throw twice as many TD's as Sam in the process

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

It's the same garbage he did last year.  Smh...  I really wish they would quit wasting reps on him.

Agreed. If Darnold is content practicing like a backup then just give baker the reps 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Floppin said:

I'm assuming it's just familiarity for now. Brady at least has a year of seasoning while this is Ickey's first camp. I'm not going to stress about it much prior to even the first preseason game. It's mostly an observe and then practice type of situation for Ickey so far.

I don't consider the o-line placement a big deal until they put on pads. 

Or the d-line for that matter.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

I don't consider the o-line placement a big deal until they put on pads. 

Or the d-line for that matter.

Yeah same. I also don't see the point in overreacting to the QB nonsense they have going on at this point. It'll flesh out soon. It's not going to stay like this all camp. And anyone who expected Corral to be getting QB2 reps at this point considering that they still have Sam and Baker on the team is fooling themselves. It might happen, but it was never going to during the first week of camp.

Edited by Floppin
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, RJK said:

I know rhule hate is pretty common now but how has there been no evaluations yet? He’s basically saying they’ve wasted two days. Laziest Coach I’ve ever seen 

Of course hes going to say that to the media.  He has no reason to say anything else.  Also I'm sure all of this is recorded and him and mcadoo are going to rewatch things a lot closer.

11 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Of course hes going to say that to the media.  He has no reason to say anything else.  Also I'm sure all of this is recorded and him and mcadoo are going to rewatch things a lot closer.

1 minute ago, Pakmeng said:

And mentioned looking at the tape to get the evaluation in his presser today

People really do take coach speak too literally.... It's almost like they want to us to create a media circus and show the league our hand and eliminate any competitive advantage. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, RJK said:

I know rhule hate is pretty common now but how has there been no evaluations yet? He’s basically saying they’ve wasted two days. Laziest Coach I’ve ever seen 

20 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

image.png.30358f02d8142188f081b1a47d43abb1.png

• Pie 3

5 hours ago, dxpanther said:

no coach ever in history said, "this guys is out on the field 4 minutes ahead of the other, he gets the spot." 

that's not a reason except amongst fans following tweets from media.

Maybe not, but give me a guy who runs up the hill at the end of training camp practices and encourages his team mates to do the same. We need that guy again.