• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Friday Camp Updates 7/29

Ricky Spanish

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I hope the farce doesn't last long. We need to let Baker get all the 1st the reps ASAP

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Of course, Jordan is our starting LG and Elf is our starting C---as of July 28 or so.

I think they are respecting the existing starters so that they give the appearance of competition.  I suppose that it is demoralizing to be a starter and have some free agent from another team come in and take your job without giving you the chance to fight to keep it.  Kind of a "king of the hill" thing--

By the first preseason game, our OL and QB should be set.

I sure hope you are right. If Elflein and Michael Jordan start it will be bad news. 

• Pie 1

I can’t understand why in the actual f*ck Matt Rhule is allowing Darnold to waste valuable reps with the 1’s. 

Baker needs all the reps he can get to build chemistry with this group. And spoiler alert (apparently) there is no QB competition so he’s literally just wasting reps

And to a lesser degree the same goes for PJ and Corral. Darnold and Corral should be splitting the leftover reps after Baker

• Pie 7

5 minutes ago, PizzaTheHutt said:

Optimistic view: Yay good coverage without Horn! 

also optimistic view: this QB competition might be settled sooner rather than later. Sam is already in his own head. 

There is a tweet right after that one stating Baker was 1-3. So yay, better! I guess.

Edited by Luciu5

13 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I can’t understand why in the actual f*ck Matt Rhule is allowing Darnold to waste valuable reps with the 1’s. 

Baker needs all the reps he can get to build chemistry with this group. And spoiler alert (apparently) there is no QB competition so he’s literally just wasting reps

And to a lesser degree the same goes for PJ and Corral. Darnold and Corral should be splitting the leftover reps after Baker

So much this. Baker should be getting 1st team reps and Corral should be getting 2nd's. Even if Corral doesn't play this year he needs the reps. We know, hell the whole league knows, what Darnold brings.