• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wait just a minute here...

Zod

my only worry for Matt is that he gets the shitend of the reps due to the capital we've sacrificed for Baker / Sam. He barely gets a jersey this year while those two duke it out and then if that's a failure (highly likely), we will get a new coaching staff. Leaving Corral to start all over with a new staff and possibly even a first round QB to compete with. That sort of rollercoaster ride to start a career can screw development and confidence up.

my theory on QB's is sink or swim, I don't think Matt is going to get that sort of an opportunity due to the circumstances.

2 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Full vid already floating around but this is time stamped to this drill. Corral obviously is faster and more accurate than the others. I thought Bakers thing was accuracy? Sam looks like he doesn't care. PJ would be fine as the actual 3rd string if Corral moved up

I appreciate the camera holder but the commentary “if he hits this again, it’s over” has me chuckling.

• Pie 2

12 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

Would we not eat a portion of it to make him go away the way CLE did with Baker? We take on $8-10M of his contract in order to relieve us of $8-10M and remove him from our QB room?

Baker + 50% of Darnold's salary = ~ $20M for our QB1.

There is literally no chance of that happening 

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, GOAT said:

my only worry for Matt is that he gets the shitend of the reps due to the capital we've sacrificed for Baker / Sam. He barely gets a jersey this year while those two duke it out and then if that's a failure (highly likely), we will get a new coaching staff. Leaving Corral to start all over with a new staff and possibly even a first round QB to compete with. That sort of rollercoaster ride to start a career can screw development and confidence up.

my theory on QB's is sink or swim, I don't think Matt is going to get that sort of an opportunity due to the circumstances.

He in nooooo way lacks confidence. You can scratch that off the list.

He's supremely confident and is putting on a circus display of accuracy.

He should play. Those other guys screwed up THEIR shot. Neither should be allowed to deny his shot. That's the way I see it.

He's done everything right. He's a bully. He's super aggressive. If that can be harnessed we all of a sudden have a Russell Wilson situation.

Why not us? Why NOT Matt. He's working super hard for the job. He's heavier, all cut up, all man. Young Lion indeed. Buckets! IF Baker did it it'd be bonkers. He hasn't. I've seen no video evidence. Why? 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Harbingers said:

PJ will be a special teams player on the roster, mark it down now.

Also do we really carry 3 QB’s this year? Especially with PJ’s Rhule connect guaranteeing him a roster spot. 

I think we shop darnold. Maybe keeping him until the QB market starts to get injuries. 

Exactly. That is why they are letting him have equal reps in practice. 

3 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

He in nooooo way lacks confidence. You can scratch that off the list.

He's supremely confident and is putting on a circus display of accuracy.

He should play. Those other guys screwed up THEIR shot. Neither should be allowed to deny his shot. That's the way I see it.

He's done everything right. He's a bully. He's super aggressive. If that can be harnessed we all of a sudden have a Russell Wilson situation.

Why not us? Why NOT Matt. He's working super hard for the job. He's heavier, all cut up, all man. Young Lion indeed. Buckets! IF Baker did it it'd be bonkers. He hasn't. I've seen no video evidence. Why? 

I think he should play too, it's the coaches and decision makers I worry about.

and I know he's confident now, but spending a year occasionally getting a jersey and then starting the next season with a new staff and new high draft pick to compete against could definitely rattle someone's confidence.

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I think he should play too, it's the coaches and decision makers I worry about.

and I know he's confident now, but spending a year occasionally getting a jersey and then starting the next season with a new staff and new high draft pick to compete against could definitely rattle someone's confidence.

I had my thoughts pre-draft from film, interviews. This guy that has come to our camp has come with a Smitty/Jake type of lion heart in a package with all the physical tools. Same height as Aaron Rodgers.

In this short time in camp the ball just hops out of his hand much like Cam. He's got great zip and accuracy on the cross, his fade is a thing of beauty.

These kids coming in, especially Corral benefit from having some of the best trainers and teachers. To him the idea of Matt Corral not being ready is nuts.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I'm not on anyone's band wagon until they load up the band and start playing. 

IDC if it's Corral or Mayfield. Whoever wins us games and plays well.

I am not including PJ or Darnold because I don't believe in unicorns or Santa Claus or whatever other fantasy you want to choose. Because both of those guys and REAL NFL success....that's a fantasy. 

In a hilarious backwards a**, Rhule kind of way, I could see Corral/PJ combo.

I could see him sleeping at night having kept PJ in that way.

I wish the enthusiasm of fans guaranteed success for a player on the field.

I'm behind whomever we play. I don't believe this will be Corral's only opportunity. Very few NFL players with significant talent / college hype only get one. Even Clausen got at least 3 chances, lol.

• Beer 1