• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Disciplinary Officer Sue Robinson is expected to announce her decision on Deshaun Watson's potential suspension Monday 9am EST

TheSpecialJuan

32 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

How is anyone surprised by this?  The NFL has been historically lenient with suspensions like this.  1 season was always the max of what it would be.  6-8 games fits the NFL's history of dishing out suspensions.

Watsons actions are unprecedented when it comes to an active NFL player.  No player has been accused of so many sexual crimes at one time.  

• Pie 1

Good, now back to football.  Can't just take someone's living away just be because someone said he did something. The courts didn't think it was much to charge him but he should be losing out on his job.. You will not lose your job over a civil case. The 6 games will be the NFL saying I tried, just to make a few ppl happy.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Raleigh PF said:

Bear in mind, the NFL only submitted five cases to be reviewed. I could easily see the NFL stating that this was the penalty for those five. For the other umpteen cases out there, an additional six games (or more) could be applied. 

The five cases had the most evidence, so they carried the most weight, but the sheer number of remaining cases makes adding more games reasonable. It's not reasonable to delay a decision while all of the other cases are explored further.

12 games is reasonable for ALL of the cases. Six is not.

Thats dumb as hell.  Why are they just ignoring the other 19 claims?

18 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

If it were you, you wouldn’t be suspended from your job at all because chances are they’d never know. Again 0 criminal charges, and they looked into it. 

They looked into four accusers, not all 26.  How and why did they pick those four?  Who knows?  I'd be wiling to bet it wasn't the more serious accuser's cases.  Were some of them gold diggers? Probably, but I doubt all of them were and the couple of stories that did leak out was sexual assault, no doubt. Witnesses?  How many people are in a room when a message session is happening?  Of course it's a he said, she said thing.  Remember, this was during Covid so these were set up a locations other than message businesses.  Discrete locations were agreed upon and thus why video footage as lacking.  Why 66 different women?  Why not a dude?  I mean, if he's just getting a sports message a dude could do it, correct?  Male trainers work on athletes all the time.  We all know why.

Edited by 45catfan

13 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Indeed.

If you are looking for fairness in the NFL(or most professional sports) you are going to be sorely disappointed. 

Better just get over it now or move on to another sport. I can promise you that if Watson resumes being an elite QB, in two years people will barely recall this.

Reference any number of NFL players that continued their careers after incidents as bad or worse than Watson.

It just is what it is.

Except when it comes to Charlotte sports teams it appears, I’d be surprised if they don’t throw the book at Miles Bridges.

Not comparing a felony to whatever they want to call Watson’s cases but I mean…

2 minutes ago, NCBlu said:

Good, now back to football.  Can't just take someone's living away just be because someone said he did something. The courts didn't think it was much to charge him but he should be losing out on his job.. You will not lose your job over a civil case. The 6 games will be the NFL saying I tried, just to make a few ppl happy.

As you can see, the NFL was in a tough spot. No matter how many games he got, people are not going to be happy.

If anybody should be suspended or gone from the NFL it's Daniel Snyder but I digress.

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

There better be a really good explanation for the suspension length or I think there will be some serious repercussions among fans, especially women. Right now it clearly sends the message that as long as you're a star, you can do whatever the hell you want. 

But hey, the next time another player is accused of something like this we should expect him to dress for a game, but only be required to sit out the 1st quarter. 

They stated something about no real evidence as he wasn’t found guilty in the courts and settled most of the cases. It falls under the NFL’s personal code of conduct. It’s BS, but legally he wasn’t convicted. 

5 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I’d be surprised if they don’t throw the book at Miles Bridges.

Miles can get fuged. He's done it before and going on IG the day after like it was all good shows pathological tendencies. Nobody is perfect in this world but most of us don't beat and nearly choke our significant other to death in front of our kid. He should never play in the NBA again.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

Miles can get fuged. He's done it before and going on IG the day after like it was all good shows pathological tendencies. Nobody is perfect in this world but most of us don't beat and nearly choke our significant other to death in front of our kid. He should never play in the NBA again.

For sure, I can truthfully say I’ve never laid hands on a women, I can also say I’ve never flopped my dick out all over 25 women either (at least not without permission).

• Pie 1