• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Disciplinary Officer Sue Robinson is expected to announce her decision on Deshaun Watson's potential suspension Monday 9am EST

TheSpecialJuan

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

yep, I have been in and out of the office this morning so I havent seen this asked or answered.  If the NFLPA and Watson appeal is he eligible to play until they sort it out?  I am pretty sure brady did this in deflategate

Well Watson has a clause that he gets paid, regardless so I would imagine the NFLPA is going to be oretty quiet on this.

Plus now is not the time to get in the way of the raging mob that is going to attack the NFL. Let the league take that bullet. 

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Well Watson has a clause that he gets paid, regardless so I would imagine the NFLPA is going to be oretty quiet on this.

Plus now is not the time to get in the way of the raging mob that is going to attack the NFL. Let the league take that bullet. 

I am just worried he appeals and plays against us then sits like 3 games later.  Obviously I would rather take our chance on brissett

12 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Anyone who doesn't have their head in the sand or firmly between their ass cheeks like you has seen rich, famous, and powerful men get away with sexual abuse with no punishment or a slap on the wrist enough times to know that they aren't in the same justice system when "innocent until proven guilty" applies.

These fuggers, the standard is "where there's smoke, there's fire."

Like I said, guilty until proven innocent. 

23 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Anyone who doesn't have their head in the sand or firmly between their ass cheeks like you has seen rich, famous, and powerful men get away with sexual abuse with no punishment or a slap on the wrist enough times to know that they aren't in the same justice system when "innocent until proven guilty" applies.

These fuggers, the standard is "where there's smoke, there's fire."

We lament that rich and powerful men( mostly white in the US) often get away with things in this part of the world but this isn't a uniquely male nor uniquely white issue. It's a powerful person issue that spans the recorded history of humanity. Rich and powerful Saudis get away with the same things in Saudi Arabia. Rich and powerful Chinese get away with similar in China. Rich and powerful Nigerians get away with similar in Nigeria.

The problem is certainly less specific that people want to make it. It's a fundamentally human trait for the rich and powerful to mold the rules to their benefit. 

So when a man with money and power(like Deshaun Watson) gets into trouble and is backed by men with even more money and more power......how did you think this was going to end?

It would be different had Watson lost his NFL supporters. They'd have hung him out to dry and he would have been out like Kaepernick was out. But he didn't do anything that those other rich and powerful men thought was a "red line" that couldn't be crossed. It didn't(and won't) threaten their bottom line.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

10 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I am just worried he appeals and plays against us then sits like 3 games later.  Obviously I would rather take our chance on brissett

Yeah, I understand that. I am going to that game so I wouldn't mind seeing a Watson vs. Mayfield game. That would be hyper entertaining as a storyline.

4 minutes ago, Darknight said:

Sometimes there's just not enough proof especially when it's only two people involved in an incident.

Well, at lest Watson's fun spree is over with unwilling ladies.  He can probably only get rub and tugs at the same ones truckers use now...you know, where happy endings are actually an above board thing.

5 minutes ago, Darknight said:

When the consequence of "guilty" is zero jail time, a slap on the wrist suspension, and then the richest contract in NFL history, I'm sure he's glad he's got a white knight like you on his side making sure we're all aware he was railroaded by the court of public opinion.

5 minutes ago, Captroop said:

When the consequence of "guilty" is zero jail time, a slap on the wrist suspension, and then the richest contract in NFL history, I'm sure he's glad he's got a white knight like you on his side making sure we're all aware he was railroaded by the court of public opinion.

This guy was probably the lead dude with a pitchfork and torch when the mob came after Jerry Richardson though.  You know, a few NDA's and promoted 'jeans Friday'.  Hell, half this board couldn't run him out of BOA fast enough.

1 hour ago, Tbe said:

Heard someone say the NFL isn’t going to hand down a hash penalty for this stuff because of what that precedent would mean for owners like Snyder, Jerry, Kraft.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the agenda all along. Cover up the misogyny.