• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Disciplinary Officer Sue Robinson is expected to announce her decision on Deshaun Watson's potential suspension Monday 9am EST

TheSpecialJuan

6 hours ago, MHS831 said:

That is like insider trading, and that is a crime on wall st.

The difference?  If the NFL goes lightly on players betting on their own teams, they risk tarnishing the brand---Watson has tarnished himself, but a ruling that diminishes his crime against women would also tarnish the brand.  I think it should be 9 games or more, but I would hope that he would be fined several million dollars and forced into treatment.

On a strictly my opinion level, he should find something else to do for a job. His privilege of playing in a lucrative and high profile sports league should be over. I am all for redemption and forgiveness for the most part, but there are consequences and sometimes an offense is terrible enough that the consequence is not having that part of life anymore.

As an example, on a personal level, Vick never should have been allowed back. Don't care if some thought he deserved a 2nd chance. Don't care if he served his time. Vick killed dogs for sport, profit and fun. He should've been told to find something else to do.

• Pie 2

49 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd say it has more to do with you looking like you're not very informed on the story. Of course, it could also be that you don't want to know.

If you actually do, a good place to start is by reading the New York Times investigation by Jenny Vrentas.

If you prefer not to acknowledge any possibility that Watson might be guilty though, you don't have to read anything at all.

I do acknowledge that Watson could be guilty of everything that is alleged. I never said he wasn't guilty.

Just now, Darknight said:

I do acknowledge that Watson could be guilty of everything that is alleged. I never said he wasn't guilty.

The judge who suggested the six game suspension actually stated that he is guilty. Also that he's a liar (she basically didn't believe any of his defense) and that his conduct was as egregious as anything in NFL history.

That she didn't impose a larger suspension flows from other reasons.

The link is to an 11 point breakdown by Florio of what the 16 page judge's decision says and why things came out like they did.

Bottom Line: The length of the suspension has little to do with Watson himself (Robinson basically calls him a liar and a perv) and more to do with how she feels it relates to the NFL's disciplinary standards.

Agree or not, it's well worth reading.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Remember the NFL did technically want a longer suspension and a large fine. This was the decision by the arbitrator based on previous cases she selected that were "similar." 

Yes, she took the bullet for the NFL. I hope she was well compensated for it, especially being a female and all.  Everyone else seemed to have made out like bandits financially in this drama so she should have as well. 

• Beer 1

58 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

Maybe this has been covered but Dan Patrick told me this morning that if this gets appealed Goodell is effectively the appeals judge. This could change dramatically.

Yeah its more of a recommendation than whatever Goodell wants to ultimately do. Also a way to gauge media and fan reaction before "appealing" 

8 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah its more of a recommendation than whatever Goodell wants to ultimately do. Also a way to gauge media and fan reaction before "appealing" 

What fan reaction I've seen so far has been overwhelmingly negative.

Female reporters that cover the NFL aren't exactly happy either.

• Beer 2