• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Disciplinary Officer Sue Robinson is expected to announce her decision on Deshaun Watson's potential suspension Monday 9am EST

TheSpecialJuan

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

And here we go...

Her whole "fair warning" argument for 6 games is a bit odd when this has been going on for over a year. Also the "first offense" argument is also strange considering he repeated the behavior over and over again, just didn't get busted. 

On 8/1/2022 at 8:59 AM, 45catfan said:

This guy was probably the lead dude with a pitchfork and torch when the mob came after Jerry Richardson though.  You know, a few NDA's and promoted 'jeans Friday'.  Hell, half this board couldn't run him out of BOA fast enough.

As someone who works in the arena, I can promise you that someone doesn’t privately pay out multi millions of dollars, hand out non disclosures like candy, and not only give up a billion dollar business they’ve worked hard for from the scratch, but have absolutely nothing to do with it, and disappear completely for something small.

Surely, you can muster up the brainpower to comprehend that.

It really is a shame his money and NDAs bought innocence and public option, including you. We will never truly know. But money and NDAs should look guilty, not innocent.

Edited by onmyown

On 8/1/2022 at 2:05 PM, Darknight said:

I was going to respond but it's no need. I'm black. Why would I think slavery is a misunderstanding? Because I don't have my pitchfork out wanting Watson's head? Smh 

🤣 Ok nice try. You keep defending a rapist. 

9 hours ago, onmyown said:

As someone who works in the arena, I can promise you that someone doesn’t privately pay out multi millions of dollars, hand out non disclosures like candy, and not only give up a billion dollar business they’ve worked hard for from the scratch, but have absolutely nothing to do with it, and disappear completely for something small.

Surely, you can muster up the brainpower to comprehend that.

It really is a shame his money and NDAs bought innocence and public option, including you. We will never truly know. But money and NDAs should look guilty, not innocent.

You're correct, Richardson did something wrong.  To what level we will never know.  What got leaked was immoral by Jerry, but criminal.  What's laughable is what gets passed off as morality just a few years later.  However, I personally believe what he did was peanuts to what Dan Snyder, Bob Kraft and likely Jerry Jones have done.  Still NFL owners.  Richardson was old school enough that his family name means something.  The likes of Snyder is a guy could care less what stench surrounds his name as long as he gets to keep his money and his team. Compared to Watson, although a player not an owner, not even in the same freaking universe and the dude gets 6 games on a heavily back-loaded deal buffering said suspension.  So dude gets a mini vacation while keeping his job. Brutal!  He still had to pay the women---you said admission of guilt, correct?  His record setting deal barely will have a dent put in it by the time the payouts are complete.

Also a a guy that has been in management for many, many, years, I can tell you it's not unlike someone to get their feelings hurt and start throwing around terms like hostile work environment, when 99% of the time it's their fault in the first place.  Broken policy+discipline=butt hurt.  So over the years, I could see Richardson may have made an enemy or two within the organization.  Again the extent he told someone he allowed jeans Fridays because he like how women look in jeans is immoral, but not criminal.

Edited by 45catfan

21 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Also a a guy that has been in management for many, many, years, I can tell you it's not unlike someone to get their feelings hurt and start throwing around terms like hostile work environment, when 99% of the time it's their fault in the first place. 

...based on this statement alone, you should definitely not be a manager.

But your "they were asking for it" attitude goes a long way to explaining why you're a sexual assault apologist.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

The NFL is in a tough spot of it's own making. The process was setup to provide the appearance that an impartial 3rd party would make rulings, then the NFL did the worst thing possible - they only submitted four cases. 

Why?

Likely a couple of reasons:

1. Timing. This needed to be completed before the season started.

2. They expected that the evidence in the four cases would be enough to result in a significant penalty. The problem is, the arbitrator chose to include precedent. Her hands were essentially tied to previous bad decision making and the amount of evidence couldn't override the precedent (in her mind).

It gets worse. If the NFL imposes a stricter punishment, lawsuits will be the result. Watson will play until the case makes it way through court. This could take a while. In the meantime, it is very likely Watson would be able to play THE ENTIRE SEASON this year. Court processes are not speedy.

• Pie 2