Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

NFL Disciplinary Officer Sue Robinson is expected to announce her decision on Deshaun Watson's potential suspension Monday 9am EST


Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Darknight said:

Some people have their minds made already about Watson guilt and that's fine but I always thought it was innocent until proven guilty and not guilty until proven innocent?

In the court of law. We're talking about whether he gets to throw a ball around for millions of dollars not his freedom.

Edited by MechaZain
  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Well, you have the raging mob that wants a lifetime ban(which was never realistic given that the NFLPA wouldn't allow that) and then the people that just want their specific version of justice to be carried out.

It was never going to be that way. It's went to arbitration and the result was the result. There is really no use getting spun up about it. Not a single person knows any of the full picture and we don't know if that process was carried out fairly or not.

It quite literally just is what it is.

yep, I have been in and out of the office this morning so I havent seen this asked or answered.  If the NFLPA and Watson appeal is he eligible to play until they sort it out?  I am pretty sure brady did this in deflategate

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

yep, I have been in and out of the office this morning so I havent seen this asked or answered.  If the NFLPA and Watson appeal is he eligible to play until they sort it out?  I am pretty sure brady did this in deflategate

Well Watson has a clause that he gets paid, regardless so I would imagine the NFLPA is going to be oretty quiet on this.

Plus now is not the time to get in the way of the raging mob that is going to attack the NFL. Let the league take that bullet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sadly, I believe most of the women who settled were probably told by their lawyer that cases like these are hard to prove in court, and with the amount of money Deshaun is willing to dish out to keep this under the rug, its better to get something out of it than spend money to hear a Non-Guilty verdict. 

Edited by Cam Lawter
  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Well Watson has a clause that he gets paid, regardless so I would imagine the NFLPA is going to be oretty quiet on this.

Plus now is not the time to get in the way of the raging mob that is going to attack the NFL. Let the league take that bullet. 

I am just worried he appeals and plays against us then sits like 3 games later.  Obviously I would rather take our chance on brissett

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Anyone who doesn't have their head in the sand or firmly between their ass cheeks like you has seen rich, famous, and powerful men get away with sexual abuse with no punishment or a slap on the wrist enough times to know that they aren't in the same justice system when "innocent until proven guilty" applies.

These fuggers, the standard is "where there's smoke, there's fire."

Like I said, guilty until proven innocent. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I would suggest stopping. If this is the case that does it for you, don't ever dig into the history of the NFL.

This is pretty far from a league of choir boys and benevolent owners.

th?id=OIP.-ljkNUIX4RF0w7zNuxNNyQHaEy&pid=Api&P=0

  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Anyone who doesn't have their head in the sand or firmly between their ass cheeks like you has seen rich, famous, and powerful men get away with sexual abuse with no punishment or a slap on the wrist enough times to know that they aren't in the same justice system when "innocent until proven guilty" applies.

These fuggers, the standard is "where there's smoke, there's fire."

We lament that rich and powerful men( mostly white in the US) often get away with things in this part of the world but this isn't a uniquely male nor uniquely white issue. It's a powerful person issue that spans the recorded history of humanity. Rich and powerful Saudis get away with the same things in Saudi Arabia. Rich and powerful Chinese get away with similar in China. Rich and powerful Nigerians get away with similar in Nigeria.

The problem is certainly less specific that people want to make it. It's a fundamentally human trait for the rich and powerful to mold the rules to their benefit. 

So when a man with money and power(like Deshaun Watson) gets into trouble and is backed by men with even more money and more power......how did you think this was going to end?

It would be different had Watson lost his NFL supporters. They'd have hung him out to dry and he would have been out like Kaepernick was out. But he didn't do anything that those other rich and powerful men thought was a "red line" that couldn't be crossed. It didn't(and won't) threaten their bottom line.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I am just worried he appeals and plays against us then sits like 3 games later.  Obviously I would rather take our chance on brissett

Yeah, I understand that. I am going to that game so I wouldn't mind seeing a Watson vs. Mayfield game. That would be hyper entertaining as a storyline.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Cam Lawter said:

Sadly, I believe most of the women who settled were probably told by their lawyer that cases like these are hard to prove in court, and with the amount of money Deshaun is willing to dish out to keep this under the rug, its better to get something out of it than spend money to hear a Non-Guilty verdict. 

Civil cases do not deal with guilt. They deal with liability. The end result of a civil case is being monetary compensation and/or injunction.

Edited by Pakmeng
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Darknight said:

Like I said, guilty until proven innocent. 

Sometimes there's just not enough proof especially when it's only two people involved in an incident.

Well, at lest Watson's fun spree is over with unwilling ladies.  He can probably only get rub and tugs at the same ones truckers use now...you know, where happy endings are actually an above board thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Darknight said:

Like I said, guilty until proven innocent. 

When the consequence of "guilty" is zero jail time, a slap on the wrist suspension, and then the richest contract in NFL history, I'm sure he's glad he's got a white knight like you on his side making sure we're all aware he was railroaded by the court of public opinion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...