• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Tuesday practice thread

Zod

8 minutes ago, SammyFranchise said:

Show me one report where Baker is "seperating" from Sam. Ive heard the opposite via "Twitter"

Dont let your confirmation bias fool you 

LOL wut?  Its obvious at this point.  It was obvious before they even had the first practice.  

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, joemac said:

LOL wut?  Its obvious at this point.  It was obvious before they even had the first practice.  

It's not as cut-and-dried as some make it out to be. We're only talking day 2 and 7 on 7s. It's going to be a process, but Mayfield's start is promising.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

It's not as cut-and-dried as some make it out to be. We're only talking day 2 and 7 on 7s. It's going to be a process, but Mayfield's start is promising.

I mean when one guy is chucking three TD’s and the other one is running for one in a drill where he can’t be contacted and fumbling multiple times then I’d say it’s pretty straight forward about where things are.

Not saying that things can’t or won’t change but today was a big day for Baker with the one’s after crushing it with the two’s yesterday… and by all accounts outside of one poorly thrown ball to Luvu, he had another good day.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I mean when one guy is chucking three TD’s and the other one is running for one in a drill where he can’t be contacted and fumbling multiple times then I’d say it’s pretty straight forward about where things are.

Not saying that things can’t or won’t change but today was a big day for Baker with the one’s after crushing it with the two’s yesterday… and by all accounts outside of one poorly thrown ball to Luvu, he had another good day.

Sorry, but I have to take what Rhule is saying into account. Perhaps it's coach-speak, but I doubt it. There's a ways to go yet. Between 11 on 11s, blitz drills and preseason, it's to early to draw a conclusion.

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Sorry, but I have to take what Rhule is saying into account. Perhaps it's coach-speak, but I doubt it. There's a ways to go yet. Between 11 on 11s, blitz drills and preseason, it's to early to draw a conclusion.

Under no circumstances will they be trotting Darnold back out there to start another game while Baker Mayfield is on this team and healthy.  They would not have made the trade to begin with if they had confidence in Darnold.  Baker just got here and he is already outplaying Sam in practice.  Even if the 2 of them are even right now, which they are not, Baker is still learning the system and his teammates.  Its no contest.  Plus, from everything I have seen from practice so far, Baker is outplaying Sam.  He scoring more TDs, turning the ball over less, and consistently pushing the ball down the field more than Sam.  

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, joemac said:

Under no circumstances will they be trotting Darnold back out there to start another game while Baker Mayfield is on this team and healthy.  They would not have made the trade to begin with if they had confidence in Darnold.  Baker just got here and he is already outplaying Sam in practice.  Even if the 2 of them are even right now, which they are not, Baker is still learning the system and his teammates.  Its no contest.  Plus, from everything I have seen from practice so far, Baker is outplaying Sam.  He scoring more TDs, turning the ball over less, and consistently pushing the ball down the field more than Sam.  

Passing you the torch cause I don’t have the time or energy… Godspeed.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Lol… no one has set the edge, dude is fullll of poo.

Again, people are reading waaay too much in to early camp coach speak.  There is no benefit to them at all giving any kind of information or ways they are leaning to the media at all right now.  It's a lose lose for them for absolutely no reason. 

1 hour ago, Luciu5 said:

Why?

Surely you've heard of the Rhule kiss of death. How many times does he praise a player and they get cut two days later? It's because when asked, Rhule purposely says nice things about them, but purposely doesn't mention the fact they are about to get cut if we don't find a trade partner.

Rhule's a talker. And apparently a pretty good one since most folks on here believe everything he says then clutches pearls when he does the exact opposite. You think he's accidentally being less than truthful?

I don't know how much of this QB competition is a farce, but the statement isn't a blatant lie, though I doubt it's entirely honest either. I don't think that was an accident.

Not all the time of course, but because there are plenty of times where he is just rambling and seems to be talking for the sake of talking. Examples like that interview where the interviewer asked him about the top 3 keys to 'the process' and he just spouted drivel, the end of season 'it's working, you just cam't see it' conference, etc. Belichick rarely, if ever, seems to say something pointless.