• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CJ Henderson

ncfan

56 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Feel free to list out the 16 teams where our WRs are better and not based on TMJ could be a stud, based on actual NFL play.

I’m going to try….not counting tight ends.. only WRs. I believe we are better than:

lions

jets

falcons

texans

bears

chiefs 

Giants (push? Maybe)

commanders (push? Maybe)

cowboys (no one after lamb)

patriots 

ravens

thats all I can do off the top of my head. DJ and Robbie are ahead of those teams 1 and 2 IMO.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I’m going to try….not counting tight ends.. only WRs. I believe we are better than:

lions

jets

falcons

texans

bears

chiefs 

Giants (push? Maybe)

commanders (push? Maybe)

cowboys (no one after lamb)

patriots 

ravens

thats all I can do off the top of my head. DJ and Robbie are ahead of those teams 1 and 2 IMO.

Probably Packers as well…

8 minutes ago, stbugs said:

It really isn’t. We have DJ. Beyond that, I can’t see how it’s a strength. We said the exact same thing last year and WRs weren’t a strength. DJ was able to do his thing with Sam, Cam and Phil, the rest were not and TMJ was a camp superstar last year.

I see potential with TMJ and RA bouncing back to being solid but as of now i agree.  I don’t see it as a real strength based on recent performance. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

22 minutes ago, stbugs said:

It really isn’t. We have DJ. Beyond that, I can’t see how it’s a strength. We said the exact same thing last year and WRs weren’t a strength. DJ was able to do his thing with Sam, Cam and Phil, the rest were not and TMJ was a camp superstar last year.

Robby is a 1k reciever and showed what he could do with Teddy who doesn’t even have an arm to stretch the field which is Robby’s strength with his speed. Darnold is the worst starting qb in the league. I know it’s in fashion right now to hate Robby but I expect he’ll be back to form with a more competent qb. I think dj is a superstar with a good qb. WR play is heavily dependent on qb play and we’ve had terrible qb play.

tmj is a wildcard I have no clue what he’s gonna do. But that 1/2 punch is a strength. We need a qb. 

• Pie 3

10 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I’m not trying to bash the team but I’ve been beaten into realism the past few years. DJ is a stud. Also, unfortunately, I do remember articles that specifically said RA was actually graded the worst WR based on WRs with enough targets. He may not have finished there as I don’t recall if that was officially at the end of the year. After DJ and RA, who was bad in 2021, we’ve got career journeymen and young guys who haven’t done anything yet. There is potential to improve but we haven’t seen it in real games yet.

The guy you're responding to is arguing about the quality of our WR corps going into this season.  So instead of whether or not you think Robby was the worst starting WR in the league last year, the more relevant question would be: do you think Robby genuinely is the worst starting WR in the league?  Cause you can point to his performance last year, but the disconnect between your argument and his, is that I think it's safe to say that guy (as well as most of us) would expect Robby to bounce back this year.  Robby's entire career's body of work puts him in solid WR2 territory outside of one pretty terrible year with Darnold throwing him the football.  So if DJ is a stud WR1 and we suspect Robby will revert to the mean of being a solid WR2, then that would suggest at least an average receiving corps.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, MasterAwesome said:

The guy you're responding to is arguing about the quality of our WR corps going into this season.  So instead of whether or not you think Robby was the worst starting WR in the league last year, the more relevant question would be: do you think Robby genuinely is the worst starting WR in the league?  Cause you can point to his performance last year, but the disconnect between your argument and his, is that I think it's safe to say that guy (as well as most of us) would expect Robby to bounce back this year.  Robby's entire career's body of work puts him in solid WR2 territory outside of one pretty terrible year with Darnold throwing him the football.  So if DJ is a stud WR1 and we suspect Robby will revert to the mean of being a solid WR2, then that would suggest at least an average receiving corps.

I haven't heard much about Higgins in camp, but he had wr2 numbers in Cleveland with Baker  in 2018 and 2020, Bakers best years. 

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, stbugs said:

These are our WRs:

DJ - Solid

Anderson - Was legitimately the worst starting WR last year

TMJ - 17 career catches

Zylstra - 30 career catches in 4 years

Smith - 6 career catches

Saunders - 2 career catches

Higgins - in 6 years has a career high of 39 catches

In what world is that above average? PFF ranked the WRs for 2022 and we were 23rd and that was DJ and potential. If you rank us on 2021 results, it’s DJ and nothing.

Feel free to list out the 16 teams where our WRs are better and not based on TMJ could be a stud, based on actual NFL play.

You are so full of 💩

DJ, Anderson, CMC, and TMJ is a top 15 unit. 

3 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

Robby is a 1k reciever and showed what he could do with Teddy who doesn’t even have an arm to stretch the field which is Robby’s strength with his speed. Darnold is the worst starting qb in the league. I know it’s in fashion right now to hate Robby but I expect he’ll be back to form with a more competent qb. I think dj is a superstar with a good qb. WR play is heavily dependent on qb play and we’ve had terrible qb play.

tmj is a wildcard I have no clue what he’s gonna do. But that 1/2 punch is a strength. We need a qb. 

Robbie went for almost 1k and 7 td's with Josh McCown in 2017 before Sam go drafted. The two years he's not played with Sam he hit around 1k. He can't really hit those numbers with check downs

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, stbugs said:

Oh, CMC is now a WR? 😂 man.

Your top 4 of your top 15 WR unit has one RB and one guy with 17 career catches. Another one had an awful year last year with 519 yards on 110 targets. The other two guys with 110 targets had 1091 and 1026 yards.

I’m out of this thread. I can only hope we do win the lottery this year with all of the projections people have.

I will just stick to the people who know what they are talking about. You know mostly everyone but you. You can live in a world where CMC isn't the best receiving threat out of the backfield and Anderson "sucks"... 

When we got him he was coming over from an absolute poo-show AND he was hurt. Then we threw him out there and told him what to do from the sideline while he was covering guys in games. It was always going to be night and day this year compared to last year.