• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Wednesday training camp thread

Zod

19 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

You're giving info to the enemy 

Just about every person in attendance saw 88 motion inside and run a slot fade. The team shot video of it, albeit from a tight angle, and quite honestly…I didn’t even diagram the other routes as they were run, for the express purpose of not being an ass. It was a motion slot fade, one read, simple. For the dozens of other plays I have quietly stood by and avoided diagraming, or filming, or tweeting out info about meaningful schematics…I’m not worried that I’ve cost Carolina “the winning edge” w a GL fade scribbled on a steno pad. 

That said, I actually appreciate your passion lol

Edited by ellis
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 2

6 minutes ago, davos said:

3-3-5 Stack is pretty much our base at this point. 

Hartsfield seems like he's pretty much secured that role after starting in it a good chunk last year, wasn't sure if the 3 safeties were going to be Chinn, Woods, Burris..good on the kid.

This lineup is w/o Horn. Rhule stated in a presser (maybe yesterday) that Horn was taking a lot of snaps from the Nickel, and then would rotate outside in standard looks. Hartsfield will play some nickel too im sure, but Horn will cut into his snaps, especially if Henderson continues to improve and earn playing time..

Edited by Michael G

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hell, last year no spying was needed. Teams that faced as  had all our offensive plays figured out by halftime 😕

Last year, about 250 to 300 ravens fans rode into town for a joint practice, and Panthers fans showed up in big numbers, and it was like a damn block party, hundreds of phones out. Everybody was filming, and posting, and it was open season. If I had to guess, I’d say that particular practice session had something to do with their new policy. 

We’re not living in 2003 anymore. If you’re taking pictures, or filming something, it’s not just to have for your own personal collection. Everybody’s running to their social media channel of choice, disseminating the stuff within minutes. So, this is probably the league’s way of adapting, not just Carolina. 

Oh, and also, there’s something to be said about the social media and digital teams cornering the market on video and photography. And again, that’s for every team out there. Ask Jeremy, he’ll preach about it

Edited by ellis
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, ellis said:

Last year, about 250 to 300 ravens fans rode into town for a joint practice, and Panthers fans showed up in big numbers, and it was like a damn block party, hundreds of phones out. Everybody was filming, and posting, and it was open season. If I had to guess, I’d say that particular practice session had something to do with their new policy. 

We’re not living in 2003 anymore. If you’re taking pictures, or filming something, it’s not just to have for your own personal collection. Everybody’s running to their social media channel of choice, disseminating the stuff within minutes. So, this is probably the league’s way of adapting, not just Carolina. 

Oh, and also, there’s something to be said about the social media and digital teams cornering the market on video and photography. And again, that’s for every team out there. Ask Jeremy, he’ll preach about it

I get all that. I just don't worry too much about it.

Hell, if we're so simplistic that a few highlight reels on Twitter can damage us, then I don't think we're that good.

Just now, Michael G said:

This lineup is w/o Horn. Rhule stated in a presser (maybe yesterday) that Horn was taking a lot of snaps from the Nickel, and then would rotate outside in standard looks. Hartsfield will play some nickel too im sure, but Horn will cut into his snaps.

I can see that though 3-2-6 is also one we ran a ton with Hartsfield as well, can imagine those are the packages with Horn in the nickel and Hartsfield still the 3rd safety.  6 DBs would be Chinn, Woods, Harts, Horn, Jackson, Hendo.   It seemed like we ran oddball stack formations (3-3-5 and 3-2-6) like 70%+ of our snaps last year.

The interesting thing is that Wilson's run-D gives us more flexibility with the DBs used.  He'll be the stable dude next to Shaq as an improvement over Luvu (who I like) and Littleton (mixed-bag). 

The pressure then lies up front for Brown to sh*t or get off the pot.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Tommy Jone said:

Went to TC today. Baker is a great dude. He gave a practice ball away to my disabled brother in law. Spent a good amount of time talking to him and taking pictures. I was totally blown away

I'm really pulling for him.  Love someone who can learn from mistakes at that age.  Smitty believes in him, and Smitty don't hold back.  Makes me feel good.  It would be great if we could go into next years draft with QB already checked off.

Just now, Captain Morgan said:

I'm really pulling for him.  Love someone who can learn from mistakes at that age.  Smitty believes in him, and Smitty don't hold back.  Makes me feel good.  It would be great if we could go into next years draft with QB already checked off.

Yeah that experience totally destroyed the media narrative for me

7 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Robbie about to have a great year!

That brings up something I meant to ask @ellis

John, what's your opinion of Anderson as a WCO receiver?

West Coast Offenses certainly do make use of deep threats (Reid used to do it all the time in Philly) but the primary skill set needed is the ability to catch a quick pass and run it for a lot of yards. Pure deep threats tend to work better in a Coryell.

Anderson is certainly a deep threat, but have you seen enough of him as a RAC guy to endorse him in our system? Heaven knows his hands were an issue last year.

I feel like I've definitely seen him do that before, just not sure if I've seen it enough.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1