• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Wednesday training camp thread

Zod

1 hour ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Right not wrong with that but it just doesn’t play well inside an NFL locker room  

He’s literally the reason the team quit twice last year. If the QB isn’t a leader and the HC is a buffoon there’s nobody for the locker room to follow.

• Beer 3

15 minutes ago, Tommy Jone said:

Here's a picture from my encounter. I noticed the book in Baker's hand, and it appears to be the following:

https://books.google.com/books/about/In_a_Pit_with_a_Lion_on_a_Snowy_Day.html?id=7g4GFBzTI6QC#v=onepage&q&f=false

The byline is "How to survive and thrive when opportunity roars"

20220803_125446.jpg

I'm starting to fangirl over Baker

• Beer 1

21 minutes ago, Tommy Jone said:

Here's a picture from my encounter. I noticed the book in Baker's hand, and it appears to be the following:

https://books.google.com/books/about/In_a_Pit_with_a_Lion_on_a_Snowy_Day.html?id=7g4GFBzTI6QC#v=onepage&q&f=false

The byline is "How to survive and thrive when opportunity roars"

20220803_125446.jpg

Man it sounds like he is maturing.  I mean he is saying and doing all the right things (changing his contract for incentives, welcoming the open competition, practicing with WRs during dead periods).  IF and I know it's a big IF he has matured, his photographic memory with his arm talent could very well be a steal for us.  I want to get excited, but I will need to "see it to believe it" at this point.

• Pie 2

19 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

I hate to disrupt the echo chamber, but by all accounts, the players really like Rhule.

Then why’d they quit on him? To be fair a person can be well liked but terrible at their job at the same time I guess 🤷‍♂️

Edited by RJK
  • Beer 1

55 minutes ago, davos said:

I can see that though 3-2-6 is also one we ran a ton with Hartsfield as well, can imagine those are the packages with Horn in the nickel and Hartsfield still the 3rd safety.  6 DBs would be Chinn, Woods, Harts, Horn, Jackson, Hendo.   It seemed like we ran oddball stack formations (3-3-5 and 3-2-6) like 70%+ of our snaps last year.

The interesting thing is that Wilson's run-D gives us more flexibility with the DBs used.  He'll be the stable dude next to Shaq as an improvement over Luvu (who I like) and Littleton (mixed-bag). 

The pressure then lies up front for Brown to sh*t or get off the pot.

Might be part of the reason our run D was so poo the last 2/3 of the year or so.  Kinda hard to stack up when you have 6 DBs and 2 LBs on the field as your base D. 

54 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That brings up something I meant to ask @ellis

John, what's your opinion of Anderson as a WCO receiver?

West Coast Offenses certainly do make use of deep threats (Reid used to do it all the time in Philly) but the primary skill set needed is the ability to catch a quick pass and run it for a lot of yards. Pure deep threats tend to work better in a Coryell.

Anderson is certainly a deep threat, but have you seen enough of him as a RAC guy to endorse him in our system? Heaven knows his hands were an issue last year.

I feel like I've definitely seen him do that before, just not sure if I've seen it enough.

We could have YAC for DAYS with the guys we've got.  Robbie is one of the fastest guys in the league and we all know what CMC and Moore can do with the ball in their hands.  

3 minutes ago, joemac said:

We could have YAC for DAYS with the guys we've got.  Robbie is one of the fastest guys in the league and we all know what CMC and Moore can do with the ball in their hands.  

Yep. When you look at the skill positions, we have damn near ideal personnel for running a WCO.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yep. When you look at the skill positions, we have damn near ideal personnel for running a WCO.

O-line and QB have been holding this offense back for literal years now.  We've at least upgraded QB to middle of the pack, and the o line could actually be a strength of the team this year instead of bottom 5 in the NFL.  More and more I am getting excited about the prospects of this team as a whole this year.  Defense is looking very strong, and Horn is not even really playing.  We can seriously make some noise in a depleted NFC this year. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Khaki Lackey said:

I hate to disrupt the echo chamber, but by all accounts, the players really like Rhule.

Players liked Ron Rivera too. Last time we saw that guy his team was kicking our ass. Matt has as much to prove as anyone.

• Beer 2