• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Wednesday training camp thread

Zod

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Makes sense, though I'm admittedly a little iffy when it comes to Anderson on crossing routes because of how thin he is. I think we saw him "alligator arm" one or two also last season.

Curious, where'd you get the play sheet? I've seen a bunch of things like that posted from Honest NFL (good stuff)

Honest is a good guy. He’s one of several guys out there I’ve been able to network with off-line and trade some ideas and concepts with

1 minute ago, ellis said:

Honest is a good guy. He’s one of several guys out there I’ve been able to network with off-line and trade some ideas and concepts with

Agreed, though I suspect there aren't many casual Twitter users willing to dig through a dozen pages of run concepts 😄

22 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Agreed, though I suspect there aren't many casual Twitter users willing to dig through a dozen pages of run concepts 😄

Yeah, it takes a little bit of commitment to actually sit down and work through it. I love it, been doing it for years, and it’s highly instructive…gives me greater appreciation for the process when I watch practices and games.

By the way, some of you may have come across this in the past, but if you haven’t… Here’s the 2005 Carolina Panthers offensive playbook. Plenty of pages on situational football, positional fundamentals, and much more. If you are a football junkie, and you remember those days here, it’s a pretty compelling piece of literature.  

A few months ago, I spoke with Keary Colbert and Deshaun Foster. They couldn’t emphasize this enough: Jim Skipper was the brain child behind most of the clock management/situational football elements within this book. 

https://second-effort.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/2005-Carolina-Panthers-Offense.pdf

Edited by ellis
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, ellis said:

By the way, some of you may have come across this in the past, but if you haven’t… Here’s the 2005 Carolina Panthers offensive playbook. Plenty of pages on situational football, positional fundamentals, and much more. If you are a football junkie, and you remember those days here, it’s a pretty compelling piece of literature.  

A few months ago, I spoke with Keary Colbert and Deshaun Foster. They couldn’t emphasize this enough: Jim Skipper was the brain child behind most of the clock management/situational football elements within this book. 

https://second-effort.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/2005-Carolina-Panthers-Offense.pdf

You are awesome Ellis

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, ellis said:

Yeah, it takes a little bit of commitment to actually sit down and work through it. I love it, been doing it for years, and it’s highly instructive…gives me greater appreciation for the process when I watch practices and games.

For sure...

I've bought probably a dozen books on football strategy and coaching over the years. Heck, Lady Cowboy Fan got me a couple of scouting books as gifts, one by Neal Stratton and the other by Steve Belichick.

I probably need therapy 😕

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, ellis said:

Definitely gonna download this.

Players liked Seifert too.

Heck, teammates loved Delhomme and continued to support him even when it was obvious he was done.

You really can't go by who players like, even when it comes to coaches. Those are as likely to be emotional decisions as logical ones.

That's one of the reasons why I hate the idea of giving players (including franchise quarterbacks) a say in who the team hires or drafts.