• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are your thoughts on these helmet bubbles AKA Guardian Caps

TheBigKat

5 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Then why don’t you?

What exactly are you trying to do here?  I could care less how it looks if it truly protects players.  If anyone does care it won't be hard the the NFL's marketing department to spice them up while not sacrificing any safety.  

What if technology like this meant Luke was still suiting up for us?  Is it bull crap then too?  Is it an eyesore?

What if technology like this could have kept Dan Morgan on the field?

What if technology like this could have kept Michael Oher on the field?

That's three pretty (*@$ good Panthers right there who would probably be more than happy to try something like this.

• Pie 3

7 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

In theory I think they're great, however I do wonder if they will lead to more injuries once they're taken off.

Read an article the other day where one head coach (don't remember who) was concerned that the players will get into bad habits early in camp because they know they have that added protection there and thus end up using their helmet a little more than they should.

So when they come off, there is a potential of injury if you've built up some bad instinctive habits while going through camp with them on.

So get rid of helmets. Problem solved.

18 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

What exactly are you trying to do here?  I could care less how it looks if it truly protects players.  If anyone does care it won't be hard the the NFL's marketing department to spice them up while not sacrificing any safety.  

He’s making a joke about how you say you “could care less how it looks” when what I assume you mean is that you “couldn’t care less how it looks.”

He’s being a silly goose. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

There's a whole line of thought that the problem is the helmets and the pads. I wonder if rugby and Aussie football have the same concussion problems that we do?

I was only being slightly tongue-in-cheek. I honestly believe the way to make the sport safer is to get rid of the helmets. The padding is a double-edged sword, it makes contact less violent on the body, but paradoxically enables the players to use their bodies more violently.

Take special teams as an example. You take the pads off people, you really gonna tell me two full-grown men will sprint directly at each other until they collide? But that's every kickoff and punt return with pads on.

Edited by Captroop
  • Pie 1