• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The other top tackles...

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Yeah I don’t get this “earn it” mentality.  These dudes are pros you are not going to motivate them like some college freshman 

This is why he doesn't get many quality veterans interested in coming here. Ignorant poo like this. That and he can't win any games, of course.

• Beer 1

This would be fine if we had an NFL coach with a pedigree.  But coming from Rhule it doesn’t hold much weight.  

If Rhule had benched Erving for Brady last year this would make a lot more sense.  

I surely hope this is just camp talk and him trying to make Icky work harder…

Edited by Racist Cat Lady

38 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Relax

Rhule has a ‘7 year plan’ remember 

He's certainly acting like he's not concerned about his future.  Looks to me like he's playing the long game with these young guys. 

I'm no Rhule fan believe me but I'm not hating the idea, yet. I'm keenly interested in the oline pairings in practice. I want to see who he pairs the rookie with on second team. The guys that will certainly start whether Ikem starts or not could mean something in the future I think that will tell us a lot about where he's slotted in the future  I'm noticing he's playing a lot of LT work with the new center.  Coincidence? I think not.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Tr3ach said:

We have many more options than last year.  We brought in 2 solid oline free agents, a top 10 draft pick on oline and from most reports our 3rd rounder last year has improved.  We definitely arent nearly as desperate as we were last year.  To say we are is just to blindly hate Rhule. 

We are desperate. It takes time for these guys to learn and trust each other. You can't just plug and play wherever and expect it to work flawlessly. We have potentially 4 new starters on our OL. I like BC. He's a tackle, not a guard. He should have played LT last year but he didn't get the opportunity. Now we have 2 guys at LT. Ickey needs to start if you plan on him being the LT of the future. BC needs to work as swing tackle if he's not going to start. He's not an IOL.

This BS of making guys earn their spot is comical. This isn't Vince Papalli and the Eagles. You drafted the best offensive lineman in the draft, by FO opinion, and he has to earn his spot? C'mon. This isn't Rhule hate. This is just fuging stupid and pathetic moves by a college coach. 

1 hour ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I wont be mad. I just want a dominant  O line. BUT...Christensen better show this year that he can be a reliable OT and not a practice warrior. 

Brady showed enough to me last season that he should have been playing all year at LT. I don’t even attribute our poor OL play directly on Erving tho.. he was BAD, but the entire OL (Save for T Mo) was terrible. Our interior couldn’t stop a 4 man rush. The additions of Corbett and Boze right there help solve some of that. BC doesn’t play LG particularly well, atleast last season. He played LT at a more than respectable level imo. Ikey blows him out of the water on potential and talent..  but for this season atleast I’ll take our best line combo we can muster if Ikey gotta blow holes through people at LG then so be it. He won’t be a LG permanently unless by choice. 

• Pie 3