• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL football tonight (kinda)

Zod

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Went to the Hall of Fame game in 95 between the Panthers and Jaguars with three of my friends.

We were the typical young male numbskulls who didn't plan anything, just hopped in a car and went.

By the end of the day, we were all thirsty, starving and had severe sunburns 😆

That is so cool, man. I have never been so excited for a preseason game. Even watching on TV, it was awesome!

One year ago, during the preseason, was when we all witnessed Rhule "coddling" Darnold and giving him hardly any reps.  We were all left wondering what we would get out of him once the season started.  You think Rhule will coddle Baker the same way as he's clearly emerging as the opening day starter?

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Went to the Hall of Fame game in 95 between the Panthers and Jaguars with three of my friends.

We were the typical young male numbskulls who didn't plan anything, just hopped in a car and went.

By the end of the day, we were all thirsty, starving and had severe sunburns 😆

...I went to that game also..... I grew up in Canton and had been living in CLT since 87 and wanted to get the taste of the Browns outta my mouff... Jumped on the Panther bandwagon then... Did you miss the Friday night festivities of bands, booze and booty?

Edited by Pimpdaddy
  • Beer 1

7 hours ago, w280sax said:

It's funny how every nfl season starts and ends with worthless games.  (Hof game and pro bowl)

Jags and Raiders are probably the least interesting teams they could have picked. Not even really any interesting rookies to check out, maybe some random UDFA's will do something

10 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

...I went to that game also..... I grew up in Canton and had been living in CLT since 87 and wanted to get the taste of the Browns outta my mouff... Jumped on the Panther bandwagon then... Did you miss the Friday night festivities of bands, booze and booty?

Did you go to McKinley?  I went to Massillon.  I moved down here in 2004.  Went to training camp several years ago at Wofford and been hooked ever since. 

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

That is so cool, man. I have never been so excited for a preseason game. Even watching on TV, it was awesome!

When Tyrone Poole made his leaping interception, I jumped too 😄

Was also right there about ten or so feet away when Steve Isreal knocked down that final pass.

12 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

Nope. Just drove up the morning of the game and drove back after.

Did get to see the speeches.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

When Tyrone Poole made his leaping interception, I jumped too 😄

Was also right there about ten or so feet away when Steve Isreal knocked down that final pass.

Nope. Just drove up the morning of the game and drove back after.

Did get to see the speeches.

....where did you drive up from at the time?...

14 minutes ago, steveasmith said:

Did you go to McKinley?  I went to Massillon.  I moved down here in 2004.  Went to training camp several years ago at Wofford and been hooked ever since. 

Yup.... so im not accustomed to losing...but Massillon/Canton rivalry was awesome.... Think the browns should change their name to the Bulldogs...

• Beer 1

29 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Jags and Raiders are probably the least interesting teams they could have picked. Not even really any interesting rookies to check out, maybe some random UDFA's will do something

Wonder if Carr/Adams will take the opening drive? There is that. 

I still think Trevor has similar appeal to a rookie QB. Given the mess Urban created last year made it all meaningless.  Plus, their other first round pick last year didn’t play last season because of injury.  I’m curious to see how Etienne’s speed looks on the NFL field.    So he basically is a rookie. 

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, w280sax said:

It's funny how every nfl season starts and ends with worthless games.  (Hof game and pro bowl)

I agree!! They should give more respect to the Hall of Famers and make the first game of the season the actual Hall of Fame game.. instead of having to watch Scrubs!!

• Pie 1

Just now, CRA said:

Wonder if Carr/Adams will take the opening drive? There is that. 

I still think Trevor has similar appeal to a rookie QB. Given the mess Urban created last year made it all meaningless.  Plus, their other first round pick last year didn’t play last season because Of injury.  I’m curious to see how Etienne’s speed looks on the NFL field.  

Tevor's not playing, Not sure about Carr. Adams is supposed to. Jarett Stidham vs CJ Beathard, actually both decent backups. I suppose both teams have new coaches but I doubt they show much as far as playbooks go

8 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Tevor's not playing, Not sure about Carr. Adams is supposed to. Jarett Stidham vs CJ Beathard, actually both decent backups. I suppose both teams have new coaches but I doubt they show much as far as playbooks go

Bethard will not be playing.. he pulled his groin.. Looks like Luton for Jacksonville.. not sure who else they have as qb 

• Beer 1