Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Do you trust Rhule’ s player evaluations?


jackson113
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

I agree, my post was sarcastic. If McAdoo/Campen had come out and said that this was their strategy, most of the huddle would think it's brilliant, but since the consensus is that these decisions are Rhule's, of course they are the dumbest mistakes ever.

I can agree with that. Rhule isn't my favorite guy for sure but he seems more subdued this time around and that is a good thing. And I didn't realize it was sarcastic. Sometimes that doesn't come across well on the internet or it was me reading too fast between appts.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

It's a new season Rhule is the HC root for the team and hope he actually has a master plan stop complaining endlessly about somthing you have no control over lol.

I never have (and never will) accept the notion that "rooting for your team" means you have to support, ignore or gloss over bad moves, bad ideas or bad performance.

It's not at all difficult to hope for the best while expecting the worst.

(hell, typical Panther fans have years of experience doing that)

  • Pie 5
  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I never have (and never will) accept the notion that "rooting for your team" means you have to support, ignore or gloss over bad moves, bad ideas or bad performance.

It's not at all difficult to hope for the best while expecting the worst.

(hell, typical Panther fans have years of experience doing that)

Oh I am lol. Used to be for more optimistic every season but I honestly just don't expect anything year to year from them right now so it's impossible to be disappointed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

And my career is predicated on the idea that people can change, learn and be different if shown the error of their ways and have sufficient motivation.

And he will have to sit back and watch because after 2 years of 5 win seasons he has to know his approach wasnt working.

I mean I don't deny that.  Yes, people can change.  Changes often isn't easy, drastic and quick for many.  

The Rhule argument IMO is basically that in one offseason he is going to do a 180 as a HC....despite his methods making him the success he is today. 

Rhule said his approach is 1000% working.  That comes after 2 years of 5 win seasons.  When asked he largely points us to the fact his best player has been hurt as well other guys. 

So if Rhule isn't the one continuing to mismanage the QB position (the defining aspect of his tenure in Carolina)....who is the one that wants this horrible QB competition? The one robbing Baker of reps.  McAdoo? 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

 

I'm confused...so they do or do not choose when to do it?

I'm saying Rhule is naturally one.  It's his DNA.  He is a micromanager. 

I'd equate it to Ron and Fox.  They are naturally conservative.   It's their DNA.  Now, they can try really hard to force themselves in windows and moments to go against their DNA.   Both did here.  But it's always short lived.  Because they aren't aggressive by nature and won't be outside of select moments.   Real change takes time.  And Rhule, Ron, Fox all think what they do works in the big picture IMO.  And they certainly can argue it does. 

as far as Phil Snow specifically, every human doesn't get the same treatment from them.  I think Phil is one of the ones that gets most rope from him.  And he has the longest history with Rhule.  And helped get him to where he is today more than any other coach he has employed. 

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean I don't deny that.  Yes, people can change.  Changes often isn't easy, drastic and quick for many.  

The Rhule argument IMO is basically that in one offseason he is going to do a 180 as a HC....despite his methods making him the success he is today. 

Rhule said his approach is 1000% working.  That comes after 2 years of 5 win seasons.  When asked he largely points us to the fact his best player has been hurt as well other guys. 

So if Rhule isn't the one continuing to mismanage the QB position (the defining aspect of his tenure in Carolina)....who is the one that wants this horrible QB competition? The one robbing Baker of reps.  McAdoo? 

I think Rhule wont admit he was wrong it undermines his authority. But even he knows that his working 1000% is missing a decimal after the second 0 from the right. 

And honestly the QB competition is a good idea. Baker is thriving and Sam is learning his short game sucks.  The only one not getting enough reps is Corral and sitting and letting him watch will be the correct way to train him  as he gets ready to be the man when the time comes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

I'm saying Rhule is naturally one.  It's his DNA.  He is a micromanager. 

I'd equate it to Ron and Fox.  They are naturally conservative.   It's their DNA.  Now, they can try really hard to force themselves in windows and moments to go against their DNA.   Both did here.  But it's always short lived.  Because they aren't aggressive by nature and won't be outside of select moments.   Real change takes time.  And Rhule, Ron, Fox all think what they do works in the big picture IMO.  And they certainly can argue it does. 

 

Well you said micromanagers don't choose when to do it and when not to do it, they just do it.  But you also said he doesn't micromanage Snow, i.e. he's choosing not to do it when it comes to Snow.  Those seem like contradictory statements.

My guess is Rhule may have a natural inclination towards micromanagement but if he trusts someone (like Phil Snow), then he is comfortable relinquishing some of that control.  And bringing in established coaches with experience like Campen, McAdoo, Tabor, Wilks, etc. will naturally expedite that level of trust.

I've worked under micromanagers in the past and it's absolutely something you can toggle on and off.  Their default setting is one of micromanagement, but once I was able to establish some rapport and prove that I'm a trustworthy and competent employee, then they were much more hands off and let me do my thing.

  • Pie 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

I think Rhule wont admit he was wrong it undermines his authority. But even he knows that his working 1000% is missing a decimal after the second 0 from the right. 

And honestly the QB competition is a good idea. Baker is thriving and Sam is learning his short game sucks.  The only one not getting enough reps is Corral and sitting and letting him watch will be the correct way to train him  as he gets ready to be the man when the time comes.

well, agree to disagree on the QB competition being a good thing.  The longer it goes on the dumber it gets.  Baker needs the reps. Why would we want our starter to get half the starting reps in camp w/ a teammates he has never really thrown too.  I mean, if we wasting starter reps on Sam merely so he can learn he isn't good enough?  That doesn't seem to be the best usage IMO. 

Tom Brady practically will murder a guy to get any rep he can get in camp or practice.   

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Here let me help.

If its good, Rhule was  overridden by Tepper or went against his DNA  and let someone else do it.

If its bad, Rhule micromanaged it, cause he's a micromanager.

 

how dare you sir.  how dare you falsely slander me by claiming I would give credit to Tepper. 

Rhule got you tripping.  

I would give credit to the GM. 

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Well you said micromanagers don't choose when to do it and when not to do it, they just do it.  But you also said he doesn't micromanage Snow, i.e. he's choosing not to do it when it comes to Snow.  Those seem like contradictory statements.

 

I don't think it is contradictory to say a micromanaging coach would give his long time coach Phil Snow that helped him get to the NFL...more rope than guys he has no background/experience with.   No reason to think all relationships are the same.  Hell, even a non-micromanaging HC would have given Phil Snow more room than Joe Brady.  Any good one at least. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Khaki Lackey said:

I agree, my post was sarcastic. If McAdoo/Campen had come out and said that this was their strategy, most of the huddle would think it's brilliant, but since the consensus is that these decisions are Rhule's, of course they are the dumbest mistakes ever.

I mean, what decisions has Rhule made that have been good? Dude has no benefit of the doubt at this point.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...