• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Corrall taking mental reps

NAS

19 hours ago, NAS said:

I don’t think Cam ever did this. For how good he was, he could have been even better if he worked on this kind of stuff

This might be the dumbest poo ever posted here. This is the reason right here. You have no fuging idea what the fug Cam worked on. 0. 

• Flames 1

20 hours ago, NAS said:

I don’t think Cam ever did this. For how good he was, he could have been even better if he worked on this kind of stuff

I think we can be honest about where Matt Corral is at in his development at this stage and support him and his work ethic without digging up this false notion about Cam not working on his craft. Come on.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

12 minutes ago, frankw said:

I think we can be honest about where Matt Corral is at in his development at this stage and support him and his work ethic without digging up this false notion about Cam not working on his craft. Come on.

I also think we can be fans of Cam Newton, which I was, and acknowledge he wasn’t perfect. He definitely relied too much on his athletic abilities and didn’t adapt the finer aspects of the passing game which is one of the reasons (in addition to injuries) why he’s out of the league today. 

Edited by NAS

1 minute ago, NAS said:

I also think we can be fans of Cam Newton, which I was, and acknowledge he wasn’t perfect. He definitely relied too much on his athletic abilities and didn’t adapt the finer aspects of the passing game which is why he’s out of the league today. 

He's out of the league because his arm isn't physically the same due to injury not because he was a lazy ass. I mean if you got this venom for him where's the same energy for a guy like Sam Darnold who is the same age Cam was in the prime of his career yet he says competition at the position hasn't changed the way he prepares? Just be glad we have glimmer of hope instead of the slop we were stuck with the last two years.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

He's out of the league because his arm isn't physically the same due to injury not because he was a lazy ass. I mean if you got this venom for him where's the same energy for a guy like Sam Darnold who is the same age Cam was in the prime of his career yet he says competition at the position hasn't changed the way he prepares? Just be glad we have glimmer of hope instead of the slop we were stuck with the last two years.

I never said he was lazy, just that he focused on other aspects.

I really have no problem with anybody running with the twos.  The twos play too.  QB's need to develop chemistry with the backup receivers too.  Zylstra had some good games last year.  Backup lineman will almost certainly play and need to  gel with their fellow starting lineman.

That said, I don't care for people standing around.  I never played pro, but when I coach, I avoid lines  whenever I can.  Practice time is too short.  They need to recover between reps, but I want everyone getting the reps in.  When not in a scrimmage I have positions work on skill drills with the other coaches.  I know there's value in watching and mental reps, I just don't think its as effective as actual practice.

• Pie 1

Wasting Corral’s reps on PJ Walker is really peak Rhule BS. This is the kind of stuff that college coaches need to learn to let go of when they get to the pros, and if they can’t, the stuff that kills them. 

Stop wasting Baker’s first-team reps on Sam. Stop wasting Corral’s reps on PJ Walker. Stop wasting Bozeman’s reps on Elflein, Brady’s guard reps on Michael Jordan, and Icky’s on Brady. Trust your GM and play the roster like it’s supposed to be played. Jesus.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

What isn’t being talked about much is Matt Corral not getting first or second team reps.  Serious injustice as he is clearly the most talented throwing the ball.  Feels like this is being mishandled which atp is redundant 

Edit: didn’t read the thread much so apologies but Matt needs reps he isn’t getting 

I like PJ Walker but I can’t understand why he is on this roster 

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

10 hours ago, NAS said:

I also think we can be fans of Cam Newton, which I was, and acknowledge he wasn’t perfect. He definitely relied too much on his athletic abilities and didn’t adapt the finer aspects of the passing game which is one of the reasons (in addition to injuries) why he’s out of the league today. 

Cam was another planet from this situation.  He was going to start and proved he was more than worthy.  These guys won’t come close to Cam at his best,  ever

Cam is the best dual threat QB ever IMO

Edited by Shocker