• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers waive long snapper Thomas Fletcher

10 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

Hate it for the guy.  He was really happy to be here.  Godspeed, long snapper Thomas Fletcher

He was really happy to get drafted and get that guaranteed money. He was planning on getting like a quarter of that as an UDFA til Rhule came calling

• Pie 1

Oh, I guess we'll get JJ's future replacement whenever we actually need it with an OFA.  That pick never made sense.

Also, it won't surprise me at all if this cut is temporary.  He may be back on the practice squad at some point.  Which is fine...i have nothing against him...just a headscratcher from the beginning.

Edited by w280sax

10 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

no doubt it was a miss. Id rather we miss on a 6th rounder rather than a first rounder. Or if we want to go back to MH days. 2nd - 7th rounders....

Yep, which is why you take a chance on a day 2 graded OL over a LS. Our OL was so bad even with the FAs that BC and Deonte was a poor attempt to build it, hence having to use pick 6 and sign two more FAs.

There’s basically no upside to a long snapper which is why I believe we and Marty are the only ones who’ve drafted one the past few years. That should say something when we do the same thing Marty does in the 6th round.

• Pie 1