• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers waive long snapper Thomas Fletcher

4 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

no doubt it was a miss. Id rather we miss on a 6th rounder rather than a first rounder. Or if we want to go back to MH days. 2nd - 7th rounders....

I'm sure we can find a middle ground between a Marty Hurney draft and not wasting picks on long snappers and especially from the same management that saw fit to waste picks and salary on the leagues worst quarterback.

1 minute ago, poundaway said:

You use that imagery a lot.  That and knob polishing and what not.

Are you lonely?

"Are you lonely" says SBBlue who spent weeks here threatening to show receipts to anyone who said negative words about Sam Darnold only to end up so hilariously wrong about him you had to abandon your account and come back under a new identity.

Cartoon Yes GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Flames 3

32 minutes ago, frankw said:

We drafted a long snapper over more OL depth only to cut him a year later and there are sycophants here giving Rhule free hand jobs and calling out any critics 🤣

Don’t forget that this was all hindsight!!! As long as you ignore all the posts from spring 2021 about how he was a day 2 prospect with health concerns that were cleared by combine doctors and Tennessee. Draft day 3 thread is filled with people like myself clamoring for Trey smith. But of course it’s all hindsight! How could we know?!?!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

10 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

Don’t forget that this was all hindsight!!! As long as you ignore all the posts from spring 2021 about how he was a day 2 prospect with health concerns that were cleared by combine doctors and Tennessee. Draft day 3 thread is filled with people like myself clamoring for Trey smith. But of course it’s all hindsight! How could we know?!?!

Yeah a lot of people called for him. It was the obvious choice.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, frankw said:

"Are you lonely" says SBBlue who spent weeks here threatening to show receipts to anyone who said negative words about Sam Darnold only to end up so hilariously wrong about him you had to abandon your account and come back under a new identity.

Cartoon Yes GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I'll take that as a compliment.  l liked a lot of SBBlue's stuff. 

Did you get beat up and have your lunch money taken away by SBblue?
Show me on the doll where he touched you.

This explains a lot.

2 hours ago, KillerKat said:

It is quite obvious that we let Rhule make the decisions in the late rounds and UDFAs. Its no coincidence we have the most head scratchers and lots of Baylor/Temple guys there. This was so dumb. I wish we just over-Rhuled him and selected Trey Smith.

I am vague on this but didn’t Trey Smith have a degenerative knee issue or something.  Also, why was he available in that round if he was such a no brainer

My first post mock draft for the last draft hits in about a year.  Stay tuned

Edited by Shocker

1 hour ago, Panthers8969 said:

Yep. Easy to hide behind the it was just a 6th round pick but it was obvious what we needed and what flyer pick was staring us in the face.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I am vague on this but didn’t Trey Smith have a degenerative knee issue or something.  Also, why was he available in that round if he was such a no brainer

No. He had some blood disorder. He was available because teams passed on a guard (lower value) with a health risk. KC took him and they may have been the only other team that was literally retooling their entire OL (remember the disaster of a SB?).

Also, we took a damn LS. Other teams that passed were at least picking other more valuable positions. If we were basically throwing away a pick, throw it away on the highest ceiling OL. Heck, he absolutely was more talented and ready for the NFL than Deonte too.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, stbugs said:

No. He had some blood disorder. He was available because teams passed on a guard (lower value) with a health risk. KC took him and they may have been the only other team that was literally retooling their entire OL (remember the disaster of a SB?).

Also, we took a damn LS. Other teams that passed were at least picking other more valuable positions. If we were basically throwing away a pick, throw it away on the highest ceiling OL. Heck, he absolutely was more talented and ready for the NFL than Deonte too.

You liked him…well documented here.  Great scouting dog.  Everyone is blown away that he is a decent player.  Belichick will be calling any min

BTW…I know it is crazy but teams were maybe worried that the man could pass away because of his disorder.  We aren’t doctors.  The Panthers have those experts and they didn’t clear him.  But…I like him as a player…ignore all that!

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 3

Remember that sappy video where our PR dept was pushing the Santa Claus Rhule angle, with him gleefully giving Fletcher the opportunity of a lifetime when calling him to tell him we were picking him?

Yeah, that worked out well.  Rhule is an idiot.

• Flames 1