• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Training Camp - Friday

Zod

4 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

Zilch

Endless attempts at Matt Corral being early humor. People annoyed by it. People complaining when being told it's not funny anymore.

Can't wait to see what the topic is tomorrow that gets everyone bitching.  There can't be many topics about the team left to complain about so it should be challenging. 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Rhule has consistently mismanaged the QB spot horrifically since the day he was hired.   I merely am a suggesting he continues doing what he does.  

I mean pick year.  Any year would sound crazy if called in advance.  That’s just Matt Rhule effect. 

Your idea seems to be that Rhule will sacrifice early season games to start Darnold because he's desperate to buy himself more time by turning to Baker later in the season???? Why not just turn to Baker to save his job in the first place if he's capable of it?

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

this place is 1/4th of what it was a decade ago and its sad

Three consecutive 5 win seasons and a head coach that is 3-9 in his division. The huddle and the overall fanbase is only a reflection of the team. We hope the Panthers will be better but for many people that's not enough until we live some real results that are attached to wins. If the Panthers had been a scrappy team that had actually been building the right way the last 3 years you might see less hostility and more positivity. But instead we backed up a cash truck to an oft injured RB and acquired two of the worst starting quarterbacks in the league two years in a row. Welcome to Carolina.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 2
  • Poo 1

11 minutes ago, frankw said:

But instead we backed up a cash truck to an oft injured RB

This is the only thing I take issue with because it's simply untrue. McCaffery went 48 games straight without missing a game. We did not back up "a cash truck to an oft injured RB." We paid a guy who had never missed a game.

tldr - hindsight 50/50 etc

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

25 minutes ago, frankw said:

Three consecutive 5 win seasons and a head coach that is 3-9 in his division. The huddle and the overall fanbase is only a reflection of the team. We hope the Panthers will be better but for many people that's not enough until we live some real results that are attached to wins. If the Panthers had been a scrappy team that had actually been building the right way the last 3 years you might see less hostility and more positivity. But instead we backed up a cash truck to an oft injured RB and acquired two of the worst starting quarterbacks in the league two years in a row. Welcome to Carolina.

You forgot that they backed up the cash truck to a head coach who couldn’t even beat a ranked college team and clearly wasn’t qualified to be an NFL head coach but I think that might just go without saying at this point 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

26 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

This is the only thing I take issue with because it's simply untrue. McCaffery went 48 games straight without missing a game. We did not back up "a cash truck to an oft injured RB." We paid a guy who had never missed a game.

tldr - hindsight 50/50 etc

He hit the same injury wall as other running backs before him. The league has shown why you do not sign backs to huge second contracts. This team has already learned from that mistake. Not only did we repeat it we did so with no quarterback in place. And if you need further evidence why you do not pay running backs all that money on a second contract take a gander at the top 5 on spotrac and tell me how many playoff wins those teams have the last few years outside of Derrick Henry who finally hit the injury wall too.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contracts/running-back/

• Pie 1