• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Training Camp - Friday

Zod

52 minutes ago, frankw said:

Three consecutive 5 win seasons and a head coach that is 3-9 in his division. The huddle and the overall fanbase is only a reflection of the team. We hope the Panthers will be better but for many people that's not enough until we live some real results that are attached to wins. If the Panthers had been a scrappy team that had actually been building the right way the last 3 years you might see less hostility and more positivity. But instead we backed up a cash truck to an oft injured RB and acquired two of the worst starting quarterbacks in the league two years in a row. Welcome to Carolina.

To make things even worse, they were strutting around like they were a group of geniuses after these moves. 

Then the whole thing basically got blamed on Joe Brady because he could not put together a winning offense with garbage QBs and his franchise player on offense riding off into the sunset on IG. 

• Poo 2

1 hour ago, mav1234 said:

Your idea seems to be that Rhule will sacrifice early season games to start Darnold because he's desperate to buy himself more time by turning to Baker later in the season???? Why not just turn to Baker to save his job in the first place if he's capable of it?

There are some really dumb people here. Rhule knows, like we all know, that any attempt to play Sam Week 1 will get him and the team booed out of the stadium. Not to mention the damage benching Baker against his old team will do. Baker is the guy. Anybody with eyes and a lick of common sense can see this. 

• Pie 2

33 minutes ago, frankw said:

He hit the same injury wall as other running backs before him. The league has shown why you do not sign backs to huge second contracts. This team has already learned from that mistake. Not only did we repeat it we did so with no quarterback in place. And if you need further evidence why you do not pay running backs all that money on a second contract take a gander at the top 5 on spotrac and tell me how many playoff wins those teams have the last few years outside of Derrick Henry who finally hit the injury wall too.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contracts/running-back/

He didn’t “hit the injury wall”. He got injured. None of which were major or required surgery as far as I know. I can’t wait till CMC hits y’all with a 2000+ total yard, 20 TD season this year.  Also, I imagine had we been in the hunt last year he would have played a lot more. With how putrid we were, what’s the point?

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, joemac said:

He didn’t “hit the injury wall”. He got injured. None of which were major or required surgery as far as I know. I can’t wait till CMC hits y’all with a 2000+ total yard, 20 TD season this year.  Also, I imagine had we been in the hunt last year he would have played a lot more. With how putrid we were, what’s the point?

Copium.thumb.jpg.ff8e1b2f7290027e4d3d25a96add045b.jpg

1 hour ago, Luciu5 said:

This is the only thing I take issue with because it's simply untrue. McCaffery went 48 games straight without missing a game. We did not back up "a cash truck to an oft injured RB." We paid a guy who had never missed a game.

tldr - hindsight 50/50 etc

Even then, you don't let a guy like CMC walk. He's a top back in the league and it's not even really close. Even so, his deal is a steal should you move him to be a receiver or somehow find a way to compliment him which no one has managed to figure out yet.

2 hours ago, frankw said:

Three consecutive 5 win seasons and a head coach that is 3-9 in his division. The huddle and the overall fanbase is only a reflection of the team. We hope the Panthers will be better but for many people that's not enough until we live some real results that are attached to wins. If the Panthers had been a scrappy team that had actually been building the right way the last 3 years you might see less hostility and more positivity. But instead we backed up a cash truck to an oft injured RB and acquired two of the worst starting quarterbacks in the league two years in a row. Welcome to Carolina.

Not to mention Tepper has had one of the worst losing streaks in Panthers history. It's almost a decade long when you count he kept Rivera two years. We are not use to sucking like the Browns and Jets. 

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Not to mention Tepper has had one of the worst losing streaks in Panthers history. It's almost a decade long when you count he kept Rivera two years. We are not use to sucking like the Browns and Jets. 

We were 11-5 in 2017. We've had 4 losing seasons straight. 4 = 10? Also, 1997-2002 was a pretty bad run. Best season in there was 8-8. Are we worse off now then we were in that stretch? Maybe. But it's definitely haven't been no decade of losing. Put down the pipe bro. Or get a watch or something.