• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Live Updates: Training camp practice on Saturday, August 6

Carolina Panthers

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

I keep warning folks.  Rhule is setting this up to start Darnold.   It’s all about self preservation for Rhule.  He knows he can only start Sam in season before Baker.  Not after.  He is going to get whatever games he can out of Sam first and then make the switch.  The move to Baker will buy him time in season.  If he just plays Baker he has no move to go if we suck…..he just gets fired.  

image.png.1e1ff9a4f55a75f42e1989ac38eb47ed.png

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

I keep warning folks.  Rhule is setting this up to start Darnold.   It’s all about self preservation for Rhule.  He knows he can only start Sam in season before Baker.  Not after.  He is going to get whatever games he can out of Sam first and then make the switch.  The move to Baker will buy him time in season.  If he just plays Baker he has no move to go if we suck…..he just gets fired.  

I'm going to join the chorus of other people saying that this is complete nonsense. I can totally buy that Rhule starts with Darnold because he stupidly decides that he's the best QB option, but not as some grand scheme to try and hold onto his job by building in excuses.

If Baker starts and sucks he can go to Darnold or even Corral. Either of which would create the same excuse that you seem to be opining only exists in one scenario.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, CRA said:

I don't think Rhule gets fired unless something happens along the lines of losing every home game with zero fans in the stands. Tepper wants to be correct about Rhule too much and won't want to pay him millions to sit at home unless. Then again, Tepper may just decide to move the team if no fans show up. 🤷‍♂️

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I don't think Rhule gets fired unless something happens along the lines of losing every home game with zero fans in the stands. Tepper wants to be correct about Rhule too much and won't want to pay him millions to sit at home unless. Then again, Tepper may just decide to move the team if no fans show up. 🤷‍♂️

I am starting to fear this, as well.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

If Bank of America is booing Rhule like it did last year and as early…..Tepper will fire him.  It clearly was impactful.   Tepper cares about that. 

1 hour ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Rhule has shown tremendous favoritism towards his guys whether they suck or not. His position competitiins are a joke. Are we seriously planning on cutting our 3rd round pick we traded up to get in TC? Unless Rhule plans on cutting Baker or Darnold, PJ should be getting zero snaps. He had his chance over the past 2 years. Corral can't develop faster while the snaps he needs are being given to training camp fodder. We aren't carrying 4 QBs. 

He doesn't need to develop his throwing much, it's all playbook. And based on his performance today he still needs more time before he's beating out anyone. And no we won't carry 4 QBs, 1 will be cut or traded. This is TC. It's where you are supposed to figure who is whom. There are no freebies in this world and I don't understand why everyone these days thinks there should be. I've never heard so much complaining and bellyaching during the first week of TC. Oh my, Corral missed his chance to not hit any target again because he doesn't know where they are going to be. Quick, somebody call the HoF and tell them that new jacket won't be needed because Rhule sucks and ruined Matt. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

He doesn't need to develop his throwing much, it's all playbook. And based on his performance today he still needs more time before he's beating out anyone. And no we won't carry 4 QBs, 1 will be cut or traded. This is TC. It's where you are supposed to figure who is whom. There are no freebies in this world and I don't understand why everyone these days thinks there should be. I've never heard so much complaining and bellyaching during the first week of TC. Oh my, Corral missed his chance to not hit any target again because he doesn't know where they are going to be. Quick, somebody call the HoF and tell them that new jacket won't be needed because Rhule sucks and ruined Matt. 

There is a learning curve to the NFL. The players are bigger, faster, stronger and smarter than the guys Corral played against in college. You cant learn how playing against those guys feels by studying a playbook.

In 2 years, it's been determined by everyone other than Matt Rhule, PJ is not an NFL QB and never was. We've seen what he has and it's nothing good. We have 2 QBs that were acquired through trades this season  and 1 that we're paying 20m for this season. Those have more value than PJ fugging Walker. Sorry bur that's just NFL math. 

If Darnold is so bad we need to cut him after 1 season, then maybe we should go ahead and fire Rhule because he cant evaluate a fugging QB. Don't worry though, if we cut PJ and need him at some point during the season, he'll be available because no one else is signing him. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, RJK said:

The fact neither QB can win the job is as depressing as rhule botching the process. Next coach should have a high first Round QB to work with next season at least.

Baker has out performed Darnold just about the entire camp despite only having 70% of the playbook down. Rhule is the only reason he hasn’t “won” the job.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Just now, ColumbusCounty said:

WE ALL KNOW how Sam will fair against New England. Coach wont have any other choice but to start Mayfield from that point after Darnold throws 3 Ints his first three series. 

Kinda feels like every other team is playing chess vs our checkers. 

I almost forgot about Darnolds direct trauma related to the Patriots. BB probably has 20 new blitz's to try out on him

• Pie 3