• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Live Updates: Training camp practice on Saturday, August 6

Carolina Panthers

6 minutes ago, WolfpackPantherMan said:

What's the Practice Squad rule for rookies? I know normally a player has to clear waivers before being placed on, but just for kicks and giggles say PJ makes the team and they want to put Corrall on the PS. 

Is their some kind of rookie protection? Or would he have to clear waivers like everyone else?

Yes, there are no protections for rookies. They either have to IR them with some phantom injury or risk losing them through the waiver process.

• Beer 1

27 minutes ago, WolfpackPantherMan said:

What's the Practice Squad rule for rookies? I know normally a player has to clear waivers before being placed on, but just for kicks and giggles say PJ makes the team and they want to put Corrall on the PS. 

Is their some kind of rookie protection? Or would he have to clear waivers like everyone else?

You can protect I think around 4 players on PS. 

but that players first has to get cut and make it through waivers.  PJ will be on our practice squad.  But I think Rhule let’s him dominate preseason snaps to audition for a job first.  Corral wouldn’t clear waivers to then protect.

47 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Because right now he's the better and more experienced QB. I'll even add another for free. Corral can't beat out Darnold for back-up role until he's able to beat out PJ and so far he hasn't done that. 

Pj walker would not be on any other nfl team, not one  it’s sadly laughable that he is on the roster at all 

if you really believe what you wrote, then the coach and GM who gave up draft picks to take Corral should be fired immediately 

27 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Just wait til the first loss, back to the same old fast talking defensive sweaty guy. Then comes the game to game position shuffling

He wasn’t fast talking sweating guy the first week of camp last year either.  He became the doofus around the time our joint practices started and people started leaning on him as his camp routine started to become clear. 

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Pj walker would not be on any other nfl team, not one  it’s sadly laughable that he is on the roster at all 

if you really believe what you wrote, then the coach and GM who gave up draft picks to take Corral should be fired immediately 

It doesnt matter if the coaching staff doesnt think Corral could beat out PJ right now. 

PJ is not getting better, he is who he is.

Matt is a rookie with tons of room for growth, which is why he should be getting all those reps and PJ should be gone. 

3 hours ago, top dawg said:

That dude walking with Snow, who is he? He looks kinda weird in that get-up.

Screenshot_20220806-090016_Twitter.thumb.jpg.da873f389a5786cb4ceb75a715148f42.jpg

I mean, I'm not trying to be funny, but when you are wearing shirts that are obviously swallowing you up, but your belly is still prominent, you need to just go back and try again.

Hey asshole, that's a hand me down. We are trying to budget, okay?

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

I keep warning folks.  Rhule is setting this up to start Darnold.   It’s all about self preservation for Rhule.  He knows he can only start Sam in season before Baker.  Not after.  He is going to get whatever games he can out of Sam first and then make the switch.  The move to Baker will buy him time in season.  If he just plays Baker he has no move to go if we suck…..he just gets fired.