• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Players coach?!

jackson113

5 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Get to watch tape of what? The trash that Rhule thought we needed that he could coach up? The fact is they had more information than the average fan who already knew these guys sucked, but rhule thought he was a genius and could coach them up. This isnt college football anymore. 

I’m not a Rhule homer, but I think he’s way off Urban Meyer. I think the “this is not college” statement is old news. I think if we get some backend guys healthy, we have a roster that they built to finally be able to compete with. Guys have to buy in, and be accountable. You can teach a guy technique, doesn’t mean he will trust or use it. That’s not a coaching issue, that’s a player issue. We have had a ton of player issues over the last two years. Let’s see how it goes this year. But to blindly state: Rhule sucks. Dumb. 

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

You dont have to be at our practice, look at the tweets coming out of camp and stop following Rhule blindly. As it stands right now he is the worst HC in the league pending the new hires. 

Only Meyer was worse last season.

I don't follow Rhule blindly. I figured that he'd be fired, and I wouldn't have cried about it. But I also understand why Tepper didn't fire him. Among awful QB play, horrendous O-line play, elementary offensive play calling, key injuries, a lack of depth and inexperience, the season was doomed. But, people seem to overlook the fact that Rhule inherited a train wreck and has only had two years to address certain parts of the team and turn it around. This is year three. If the team doesn't show improvement, then calling for Rhule's head will be more justified. 

Edited by top dawg
  • Beer 1

Just now, Actionman0z said:

I’m not a Rhule homer, but I think he’s way off Urban Meyer. I think the “this is not college” statement is old news. I think if we get some backend guys healthy, we have a roster that they built to finally be able to compete with. Guys have to buy in, and be accountable. You can teach a guy technique, doesn’t mean he will trust or use it. That’s not a coaching issue, that’s a player issue. We have had a ton of player issues over the last two years. Let’s see how it goes this year. But to blindly state: Rhule sucks. Dumb. 

Its a player issue and Rhule hand picked those guys, so who does the fault go on? 

The roster is good enough to compete if the coaching is adequate, so far Rhule has not been able to provide that and judging from his actions so far it does not look like much has changed. 

• Beer 2

10 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I think that's true for the most part.

The only move that I thought was completely asine was picking up Darnold's option. Don't get me wrong, I thought that trading a second for him was a dumb move, but that option was unbelievable. That being said, it was done and I moved on. 

Let’s say to play devils Advocate he balled the fug out, and we protected him way better, and played with more leads… now that red headed fug costs 25+ million as a baseline. The deadline and 18 milli was a risk they had to take…. But yeah it sucks. Look at the Browns and Niners now. Caught out in the open holding their tiny kungfoo noodle… it happens to people 

Just now, top dawg said:

I don't follow Rhule blindly. I figured that he's be fired, and I wouldn't have cried about it. But I also understand why Tepper didn't fire him. Among awful QB play, horrendous O-line play, elementary offensive play calling, key injuries, a lack of depth and inexperience, the season was doomed. But, people seem to overlook the fact that Rhule inherited a train wreck and has only had two years to address certain parts of the team and turn it around. This is year three. If the team doesn't show improvement, then calling for Rhule's head will be more justified. 

It seems like we are still on year 1 and keep hitting the reset button. 

21 minutes ago, Actionman0z said:

Which moves are you specifically referring to? The people in here put way too much on coaching staffs, and not enough on players. 

I'll bite. 

Signing Elfein and Irving day 1 of FA as starters when their play has them as clear backups.

Taking the 2 time DRotM and runner up for DROY and moving him out of position effectively neutralizing him for other teams

Saying he had evaluated Rookie All Pro LT Slater as a guard, not a tackle.

Giving a backup QB a ridiculous contract to be his starting QB then waiving him after 1 season. 

Hiring an entire NFL staff devoid of any significant NFL experience

Trading a 2nd, 4th and 6th for a QB after barely watching tape on Darnold. 

Keeping a CFL qb as backup instead of looking for an NFL caliber backup

Signing Cam and starting him with zero time to learn the playback and expecting to win. 

Moving BC to guard and center when he plays best at tackle.

Not starting BC at LT until the end of the season when he was clearly the beat LT on the team.

Starting 2 guards that couldn't stop a cold. 

Tossing Brady to the wolves as under qualified and then keeping his pathetic offense 

Telling everyone his plan is working 1000% while losing and losing badly. 

No in game adjustments

Terrible 3rd quarter offense

That enough for you?

• Pie 4
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, Actionman0z said:

Let’s say to play devils Advocate he balled the fug out, and we protected him way better, and played with more leads… now that red headed fug costs 25+ million as a baseline. The deadline and 18 milli was a risk they had to take…. But yeah it sucks. Look at the Browns and Niners now. Caught out in the open holding their tiny kungfoo noodle… it happens to people 

They took the 18m it didnt work, now they have a better option and a rooke to develop, get sam the fug out of there. Admit the mistake with Sam and move on, stop giving him 1st team reps. 

• Beer 2

Just now, PootieNunu said:

Its a player issue and Rhule hand picked those guys, so who does the fault go on? 

The roster is good enough to compete if the coaching is adequate, so far Rhule has not been able to provide that and judging from his actions so far it does not look like much has changed. 

I agree with the Baylor players argument. But if you bring people in who know your system it might give you the ability to compete faster… you can’t build a roster with your guys in 1-2 seasons… you can hit on good FA and back to back top end drafts… and hopefully it works. (Bengals).. it takes some time. We’ve lost more games the last 4 years by 1 score or less. Margin for error in NFL is razor thin. Need players to execute. 

Just now, Actionman0z said:

I agree with the Baylor players argument. But if you bring people in who know your system it might give you the ability to compete faster… you can’t build a roster with your guys in 1-2 seasons… you can hit on good FA and back to back top end drafts… and hopefully it works. (Bengals).. it takes some time. We’ve lost more games the last 4 years by 1 score or less. Margin for error in NFL is razor thin. Need players to execute. 

The players need something to execute. Its not on them when the coaches do not adjust their game plan at all.