• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Players coach?!

jackson113

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You've questioned the objectivity / maturity of the people who think he should be fired.

Believe it or not, it's quite possible to be objective, mature and even knowledgeable and believe that Rhule isn't qualified for his job.

People all over the country from different fan bases that could care less about this team are literally betting money on him being the next coach fired. That's about as objective as it gets

• Beer 2
  • Flames 5

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You've questioned the objectivity / maturity of the people who think he should be fired.

Believe it or not, it's quite possible to be objective, mature and even knowledgeable and believe that Rhule isn't qualified for his job.

Not true. I've questioned the objectivity and maturity of those who complain about EVERYthing he does. 

15 minutes ago, frankw said:

Rhule is paid VERY handsomely. Rhule makes big decisions. Rhule has direct input of most things related to the day to day operation of the team. His time here has accounted for two 5 win seasons and 3 combined wins over our divisional rivals. He also has brought in an OC he fired and two starting QB's who have been amongst the worst of their peers. If someone is seriously bothered by criticism of that body of work they are just not going to have a good time in fan circles until the team actually wins something meaningful.

Complaining about his body of work is fair game. Whining about every move he makes is simply juvenile in my opinion. 

Coaches are given three years all the time (at least by arguably smarter owners). Let's see what he has this year. Maybe he'll win something "meaningful." What or how many that is depends upon one's perspective.

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Complaining about his body of work is fair game. Whining about every move he makes is simply juvenile in my opinion. 

Coaches are given three years all the time (at least by arguably smarter owners). Let's see what he has this year. Maybe he'll win something "meaningful." What or how many that is depends upon one's perspective.

Just being competitive within the NFC South would be acceptable. Think about how long we have waited to get that douchebag Sean Payton AND Drew Brees out of our division. Now not only has that finally happened but the Falcons are in disarray too. But what have we been doing in the meantime? Getting blown out by the damn Giants and letting Ron Rivera and Taylor Heinecke (LOL) embarrass us in BOA stadium. You ask what would be something meaningful. There's your answer my friend.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

13 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Not true. I've questioned the objectivity and maturity of those who complain about EVERYthing he does. 

There's plenty to complain about.

Are there people who overdo it? Sure, just as there are people who go overboard defending him.

Bottom Line for me? He's bad, so I don't sweat it too much if people complain.

15 minutes ago, frankw said:

Just being competitive within the NFC South would be acceptable. Think about how long we have waited to get that douchebag Sean Payton AND Drew Brees out of our division. Now not only has that finally happened but the Falcons are in disarray too. But what have we been doing in the meantime? Getting blown out by the damn Giants and letting Ron Rivera and Taylor Heinecke (LOL) embarrass us in BOA stadium. You ask what would be something meaningful. There's your answer my friend.

We'll see. 

What we have been doing in the meantime is adding talent to a defense--particularly on the back side--that's obviously more respected around the league than in the Huddle. What we've done is add talent to an O-line that had one legit starter and transformed it into possibly five or six legit starters. We've also added a solid backup at RB and added a legit receiver (regardless of arguably unjustified calling for us to jettison Robbie)--at least one--to the one legit starting receiver that we had in our receiving corps. I'd consider Higgins at least good depth, but he also has chemistry with perhaps our most immediate move that will enable us to win in 2022, Baker Mayfield. And let's not forget the addition of MC9 who may just turn out to be the man of the Panthers future. That's all we've been doing.

Edited by top dawg

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

We'll see. 

What we have been doing in the meantime is adding talent to a defense--particularly on the back side--that's obviously more respected around the league than in the Huddle. What we've done is add talent to an O-line that had one legit starter and transformed it into possibly five or six legit starters. We've also added a solid backup at RB and added a legit receiver (regardless of arguably unjustified calling for us to jettison Robbie)--at least one--to the one legit starting receiver that we had in our receiving corps. I'd consider Higgins at least good depth, but he also has chemistry with perhaps our most immediate move that will enable us to win in 2022, Baker Mayfield. And let's not forget the addition of MC9 who may just turn out to be the man of the Panthers future. That's all we've been doing.

I have hope but I have seen enough Panthers games to know better than to declare offseason victory in August.

• Flames 2

2 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Have we though? What meaningful piece have we added in Rhules tenure other than Chinn? This offseason looks to be promising but we will have to wait and see...

I won't argue the point because if you can't see all of the talent that we've added on this team besides Chinn, then you really just don't want to see it. No point in even debating it.

3 hours ago, top dawg said:

Dude, he got a taunting penalty. 

It's a teachable moment. 

Nah, Rhule is just a clown. And here is his predictable response which makes absolutely zero sense lol

Uh er uh uh we aren’t a team that reaches the ball across the goal line and…uh er 

I told the guys  to celebrate after a score today uh er uh uh.  In-between the line uh I uh 

I wanted to talk about ball security lol

Not a NFL coach.  And nowhere did he explain anything lol. And someone said he is now polished and confident?