• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

J.P.P now a viable option?

Jmac

44 minutes ago, CRA said:

Matt Rhule shouldn’t be allowed to trade draft picks. 

when cuts happen some old vet will get cut for young blood.  That should be all he can work with 

This is kinda getting old.  It’s clear Fittz is in charge.  Rhule doesn’t have the authority to trade draft picks.  Our last several trades have been very solid anyways.  Sam was an obvious miss, but everything else has been solid.  

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Not trying to bust your balls… but according to the data, he’s 100% right… we were the youngest team in the league last year and have only gotten younger.

https://overthecap.com/2021-season-preview-the-nfls-youngest-and-oldest-rosters/amp

We’ll have a max of maybe four players over 30 on the roster and potentially only two if Stanford and Roberts (both of which are bubble players) don’t make it.

We had 11 draft picks in 2021 and most made the team. We had a ton of 2020 rookies make the team. We had a shell of a team going into 2020, so of course we were among the youngest teams.

This discussion started with the laughable assertion that Rhule doesn’t like vets because he tried to get rid of JJ. Really? A long snapper is surely the position where age matters, I mean the wear and tear on LSs is worse than RBs.

C’mon, there’s countless other threads where Rhule has been labeled as a Rivera clone who doesn’t start rookies. So which is it, he likes vets over rookies or he likes rookies over vets?

All this hate for Rhule and blaming him for everything including the recession, has almost made me root for the guy.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

We had 11 draft picks in 2021 and most made the team. We had a ton of 2020 rookies make the team. We had a shell of a team going into 2020, so of course we were among the youngest teams.

This discussion started with the laughable assertion that Rhule doesn’t like vets because he tried to get rid of JJ. Really? A long snapper is surely the position where age matters, I mean the wear and tear on LSs is worse than RBs.

C’mon, there’s countless other threads where Rhule has been labeled as a Rivera clone who doesn’t start rookies. So which is it, he likes vets over rookies or he likes rookies over vets?

All this hate for Rhule and blaming him for everything including the recession, has almost made me root for the guy.

All I am saying is …. Don’t look for the older vets to be picked up by us

2 hours ago, Panther53521 said:

All I am saying is …. Don’t look for the older vets to be picked up by us

We are a 5 win a year team. We shouldn’t be wasting money signing 30 year old vets. That’s not how you build a team. That’s how you waste cap space for lower production. There’s no Tom Brady sitting around so I really hope we stay away from older vets who are just names at this point. Poe, McCoy and Irvin didn’t help us win on D.

6 hours ago, Smithers said:

This is kinda getting old.  It’s clear Fittz is in charge.  Rhule doesn’t have the authority to trade draft picks.  Our last several trades have been very solid anyways.  Sam was an obvious miss, but everything else has been solid.  

Yea I was under the impression Fitts had the last say despite the Rhule's contract rumour. 

Right up until that Panther's draft video of Corral. Look closely after the Patriots call. Rhule cut off Fitts mid sentence "Let's just see here wh..." and Rhule basically says we've waiting long enough, we're taking the trade and ends it with a giggle then proceeds to tell Fitts what picks we gave up. 

Then again, who the hell knows how this org is being run.