• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

J.P.P now a viable option?

Jmac

On 8/6/2022 at 1:19 PM, MillionDollarCam said:

Odd that you say that, but I was wondering why the Panthers didn’t reach back out to Bouye with all the injuries that we’ve recently had at the CB position. Guy knows our team, how we operate, and had a decent year last year…. yet, the Panthers keep bringing in random ass kids from Pembroke and Appy.

Hey! Tae Hayes was one of the best corners in the USFL in Spring. Is he undersized? Yes. But who else was undersized and came from the USFL to the Panthers? Hint: he's now in the Hall of Fame.

Suck it.

15 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

So now Hayes is Sam Mills… good God.

Was Sam Mills Sam Mills before he became Sam Mills? Obviously not.

The point is that you never know what someone is going to be and Hayes had an interception in his first practice running with the ones I believe. 

He was solid at App as well which is slowly becoming a DBU of sorts at the G5 level, seeing several guys get to the league and bounce around a bit. Obviously it's less than what P5's put out but for a school still semi transitioning from FCS, it's not bad. 

1 minute ago, CPcavedweller said:

Was Sam Mills Sam Mills before he became Sam Mills? Obviously not.

The point is that you never know what someone is going to be and Hayes had an interception in his first practice running with the ones I believe. 

He was solid at App as well which is slowly becoming a DBU of sorts at the G5 level, seeing several guys get to the league and bounce around a bit. Obviously it's less than what P5's put out but for a school still semi transitioning from FCS, it's not bad. 

Let’s wait until he plays a few preseason games before drawing comparisons to HOF’ers.

The Panthers are Hayes’ fifth team and he’s yet to break into the league, we might need to pump the breaks a bit.

On 8/6/2022 at 5:17 PM, stbugs said:

We had 11 draft picks in 2021 and most made the team. We had a ton of 2020 rookies make the team. We had a shell of a team going into 2020, so of course we were among the youngest teams.

This discussion started with the laughable assertion that Rhule doesn’t like vets because he tried to get rid of JJ. Really? A long snapper is surely the position where age matters, I mean the wear and tear on LSs is worse than RBs.

C’mon, there’s countless other threads where Rhule has been labeled as a Rivera clone who doesn’t start rookies. So which is it, he likes vets over rookies or he likes rookies over vets?

All this hate for Rhule and blaming him for everything including the recession, has almost made me root for the guy.

Matt rhule pulled cmc’s hamstring.