• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Film Room: Baker Mayfield

ellis

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

or some people get triggered at other people seeing little benefit to him being on the roster because he has no future here and would rather see those reps go to someone who does have a future?

Wow, the Darnold hate is strong here.  I plainly said Baker should be getting the bulk of the snaps with the 1's and Darnold should be getting the backup scraps.  However, I can't put this any more plain...Corral ISN'T PLAYING THIS YEAR, so Matt is not getting snaps 'stolen' from him by Darnold.  The hate for Darnold is so bad that ANY reason is reason enough to cut him, even as the #2 QB. 

So folks on one-year deals are little benefit because they have no future here?  I guess Bozeman and several others should clean out their lockers too.

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Corral ISN'T PLAYING THIS YEAR

BUT HE SHOULD BE...at least getting a chance to compete with Darnold for the the #2 spot. The whole "competition" for the starting gig is a sham. We all know. We've always known since the day that they made the trade. The competition should be between Darnold and Corral for the #2 spot. 

and comparing Darnold to Bozeman is a bit lazy. completely different scenarios and situations. It's not folks with one year deals. it's folks who legit have a chance to stay on long term, and those who don't. Bozeman does...Darnold doesn't. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

BUT HE SHOULD BE...at least getting a chance to compete with Darnold for the the #2 spot. The whole "competition" for the starting gig is a sham. We all know. We've always known since the day that they made the trade. The competition should be between Darnold and Corral for the #2 spot. 

and comparing Darnold to Bozeman is a bit lazy. completely different scenarios and situations. It's not folks with one year deals. it's folks who legit have a chance to stay on long term, and those who don't. Bozeman does...Darnold doesn't. 

100% this.   Rhule is an idiot

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Call Rhule and tell him that then.  Just because you think Corral should be the #2 doesn't mean Rhule does.  Rhule has said Corral is being brought along slowly. Why do yo think Mayfield is here in the first place?  If the staff thought Corral could push for the #1 or was good enough just to be handed the #2 spot then the wouldn't have seeking an upgrade even after drafting Corral.   Just admit to hating Darnold.

One-year deals are one-year deals, dude.  No twisting of the facts can change that.  Will Bozeman get another deal with us?  Who knows?  He's a FA just like Darnold after the season.  What would be freaking hilarious (just to see the Huddle completely melt down) is Darnold signs another short-term deal after the season to compete with Corral as the #2. 

5 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Call Rhule and tell him that then.  Just because you think Corral should be the #2 doesn't mean Rhule does.  Rhule has said Corral is being brought along slowly. Why do yo think Mayfield is here in the first place?  If the staff thought Corral could push for the #1 or was good enough just to be handed the #2 spot then the wouldn't have seeking an upgrade even after drafting Corral.   Just admit to hating Darnold.

One-year deals are one-year deals, dude.  No twisting of the facts can change that.  Will Bozeman get another deal with us?  Who knows?  He's a FA just like Darnold after the season.  What would be freaking hilarious (just to see the Huddle completely melt down) is Darnold signs another short-term deal after the season to compete with Corral as the #2. 

Rhule also thought he could win with Bridgewater.  Then rhule thought he could win with Darnold.  Rhule also choose a corner over an all pro LT because he thought his arms were too short when our oline was our biggest weakness.  Rhule also didnt play a 3rd tackle because his arms are too short.  Rhule is now playing said tackle over a prospect, with ideal size, that was picked 6th overall.

I could easily go on so forgive me if I dont have much faith in rhules logic or his process of running a team

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

lol i don't hate him and you seem to be awfully worked up about people sharing an opinion about a player that you don't have. 

i just don't see any point to him being on the team any longer, and apparently the team is shopping him so they are probably of the same opinion and all of this "competition" is just a ruse to get him some attention from potential trade partners....which won't happen because hardly anyone wants to trade for him at all and non one wants to trade for him with that $$ tag.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Rhule also thought he could win with Bridgewater.  Then rhule thought he could win with Darnold.  Rhule also choose a corner over an all pro LT because he thought his arms were too short when our oline was our biggest weakness.  Rhule also didnt play a 3rd tackle because his arms are too short.  Rhule is now playing said tackle over a prospect, with ideal size, that was picked 6th overall.

I could easily go on so forgive me if I dont have much faith in rhules logic or his process of running a team

I get it, but until Rhule is fired we all have to deal with these decisions. In the immediate future we are dealing with Baker as the eventual #1 and Darnold being the veteran QB as the #2 and the rookie getting red shirted as the #3. 

My gripe, as with everyone, is Baker has already separated himself from Sam enough to be named the #1.

29 minutes ago, rayzor said:

lol i don't hate him and you seem to be awfully worked up about people sharing an opinion about a player that you don't have. 

i just don't see any point to him being on the team any longer, and apparently the team is shopping him so they are probably of the same opinion and all of this "competition" is just a ruse to get him some attention from potential trade partners....which won't happen because hardly anyone wants to trade for him at all and non one wants to trade for him with that $$ tag.

Fair enough, however I'm not worked up, lol. I am not a fan of Darnold.  He's clearly a career backup from this point forward, but cutting a backup just because the fan base doesn't like him is kinda futile, especially given his cap hit.  Rhule has given every indication Corral is being red shirted, so he is about the future, not the present.  Again, once camp is over, Mayfield is going to gobble up nearly all, if not all, of the 1's reps.  So the idea of Darnold retarding Corral's growth with the nearly non-existent in-season backup reps is pretty moot.  

17 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Fair enough, however I'm not worked up, lol. I am not a fan of Darnold.  He's clearly a career backup from this point forward, but cutting a backup just because the fan base doesn't like him is kinda futile, especially given his cap hit.  Rhule has given every indication Corral is being red shirted, so he is about the future, not the present.  Again, once camp is over, Mayfield is going to gobble up nearly all, if not all, of the 1's reps.  So the idea of Darnold retarding Corral's growth with the nearly non-existent in-season backup reps is pretty moot.  

If rhule is fired(odds on favor to be first one) then sitting Corral would be in vain

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

No.  Pj is not a better backup.   Pj should not be on any nfl roster.  Both qbs are horrible 

PJ was better for most outings than Grier.  Grier was total ass when given the start.  Grier was picked off our practice squad by Dallas. 

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

the panthers waived Grier

You're right they claimed even before PS.    They grabbed him the day after we cut him.

Will Grier 0 TD's 4 Ints  as an NFL starter.   He didn't throw a TD in a preseason game either.

Edited by poundaway