• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers apparently ARE looking to off load Darnold...or maybe not. Tweet removed and report denied.

Panthercougar68

You people are aware that it's not unusual for teams to have 4 QBs in camp, right?  Heard of the term 'camp arms?'  Remember, we had some local kid from Elon as QB4 before the Baker deal.  PJ Walker still being on the roster during camp means nothing more than you need at least 4 QBs, minimum,  during training camp. 

Rhules Home for Wayward QBs,

specializing in coddling, donuts and bubble wrap therapy.

Does your QB suck? Lost confidence? About to be cut because nobody is calling?

Don't wait operators are standing by or                    drag your sorry a** to:

800 S Mint Street, Charlotte NC

• Beer 1

45 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

A Canadian would never part with their maple syrup.  These rumors have to be fake.  Has Garry Cobb confirmed it yet?

My bet is what is in the barrels is really Log Cabin.

Darnold for two barrels of high fructose corn syrup, and we pay his salary plus the shipping on the syrup.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

They're not.

That said, he still shouldn't be getting first team reps.

I definitely think they've made a few calls to other teams and the response has been LOL no one wants that guy. Honestly though the guy who suggested the Rams is probably on point. I could see the Rams stashing Darnold in case Stafford and their other backup have injury issues. Panthers would have to pay his entire salary to walk though.

4 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I definitely think they've made a few calls to other teams and the response has been LOL no one wants that guy. Honestly though the guy who suggested the Rams is probably on point. I could see the Rams stashing Darnold in case Stafford and their other backup have injury issues. Panthers would have to pay his entire salary to walk though.

Exactly.  So we would be paying $18M for Darnold not to be on the roster.  At that point why even worry about a trade?  If we are going to eat his entire salary in a trade, just cut him and save the headache of shopping him. OR since his salary is fully guaranteed for this season anyway and he has no trade value, just keep him as a backup. Crazy thought, I know.

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Exactly.  So we would be paying $18M for Darnold not to be on the roster.  At that point why even worry about a trade?  If we are going to eat his entire salary in a trade, just cut him and save the headache of shopping him. OR since his salary is fully guaranteed for this season anyway and he has no trade value, just keep him as a backup. Crazy thought, I know.

That's what makes sense to ME at least. Unless they can get another team to eat half his salary or something, it's not worth unloading him. He should be 3rd string though.