• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN 8 The Ocho had Panthers coverage last weekend

PanthersATL

Sir Purr and at least two Top Cats appeared at ESPN's coverage of the Slippery Stairs championship in Rock Hill.

Also in Rock Hill - the freestyle pogo-stick competition POGOPALOOZAAnd now, reading the Yahoo news article -- it sounds like Rock Hill had a ton more exposure on The Ocho than just the two events I skimmed through. Everything from Cornhole to All-Star Air Guitar.

https://www.yahoo.com/video/breakdancing-slippery-stairs-yes-dodgeball-213244802.html

Rock Hill leaders say they want to give these sports a permanent home in South Carolina.

“Now, we’re talking to all of them about bringing their world championships to Rock Hill in the future,” Sexton said.

The event even drew famous attendees, with celebrities like Flava Flav and several cast members from Jersey Shore making an appearance.

Imagine how big these'd be if they were hosted at the Panthers facility.

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Old enough to remember when the majority of ESPN was stuff like this...

The CORGI RACES were fantastic.   But they were in Seattle, not Rock Hill.

Was curious how Rock Hill got onto ESPN's radar to host these things at all -- but would be super-curious if any of it was related to the financing debacle.

Did any of these events get promotional support locally?  The crowds looked rather sparse.

1 minute ago, PanthersATL said:

Was curious how Rock Hill got onto ESPN's radar to host these things at all -- but would be super-curious if any of it was related to the financing debacle.

Did any of these events get promotional support locally?  The crowds looked rather sparse.

Don't know. I'm not in Rock Hill anymore.

1 hour ago, PanthersATL said:

Sir Purr and at least two Top Cats appeared at ESPN's coverage of the Slippery Stairs championship in Rock Hill.

Also in Rock Hill - the freestyle pogo-stick competition POGOPALOOZAAnd now, reading the Yahoo news article -- it sounds like Rock Hill had a ton more exposure on The Ocho than just the two events I skimmed through. Everything from Cornhole to All-Star Air Guitar.

https://www.yahoo.com/video/breakdancing-slippery-stairs-yes-dodgeball-213244802.html

Imagine how big these'd be if they were hosted at the Panthers facility.

I think Panthers camp should be held at App State, out of the heat, but that's just my opinion. The Cowboys do this in California and it's not an issue. If anything, it allows you to be more productive because you're not contending with the heat. At this point, you're not forging players in the proverbial heat of middle South Carolina.

As for teams facilities, Rock Hill is fine but wouldn't you want your weekly offices as close to your stadium as possible? Players live in Charlotte right now and if they move to SC their going to be paying taxes to two states I believe. Then you have the commute to contend with for those who purchase homes in and around Charlotte. 

Just overall a lack of consideration for players and their families by moving facilities to South Carolina, especially as the influx of Yankees and California's continues. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, PanthersATL said:

They had the Quidditch World Championships there a while back, Disc Golf too 

46 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

I think Panthers camp should be held at App State, out of the heat, but that's just my opinion. The Cowboys do this in California and it's not an issue. If anything, it allows you to be more productive because you're not contending with the heat. At this point, you're not forging players in the proverbial heat of middle South Carolina.

As for teams facilities, Rock Hill is fine but wouldn't you want your weekly offices as close to your stadium as possible? Players live in Charlotte right now and if they move to SC their going to be paying taxes to two states I believe. Then you have the commute to contend with for those who purchase homes in and around Charlotte. 

Just overall a lack of consideration for players and their families by moving facilities to South Carolina, especially as the influx of Yankees and California's continues. 

Id just do everything in charlotte and be done with it TBH

16 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

Players live in Charlotte right now and if they move to SC their going to be paying taxes to two states I believe.

Players already have to pay taxes to multiple states, as each state can tax the players for playing in the local stadium.

New York and California are notorious for this.  Unsure if SC would follow NY's stance of "if you work in the state, you pay taxes to the state", even if you live in (let's say) Pennsylvania.