• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How much playing time will Matt Corral get on Saturday?

Zod

8 hours ago, panthers55 said:

Dont worry. Didn't Rhule say that Darnold wouldn't play last preseason? And didn't he just say that neither of them will play the second game? So why wouldn't he say anything similar if neither of them were playing in the first game. The answer is he would. Especially after all the talk about competition  and not naming a starter. Everyone would have a field day if neither played. So it only makes sense they both will play a series or two. What happened last year has no bearing on this year or at least I certainly hope so.  How much did he say CMC would play? Yeah none. So you will get your wish. They will both play as will the offensive line. And so will PJ and Corral. You heard it here first.

I think how coaches have handled the preseason in the past is at least relevant if you want to guess on future actions. We play the Bills in our 3rd preseason game.  McDermott’s schedule was the exact same one Rhule ended up using last year.  Bills sat all there starters the first 2 preseason games and played them a half in game 3.   They both meet in preseason game 3 this season.  

and last preseason season Rhule pretty much bullshitted like he probably was going to play Sam each week as the media hounded him. Then rule the starters out on Friday.   Everyone had a field day shitting on Rhule then too for being scared to play Sam. Generally cited the heavy load his starters were getting in practice with other teams as the reason.   Which is why it makes it easy to go ahead and rule them out for the NE week because he established that as the Rhule way last camp. 

we will see.  I just want to watch football.  I’ll be happy watching any QB not named PJ. 

• Beer 1

22 hours ago, Hugo said:

Why would we waste snaps from a preseason game on a QB we know pretty much for sure will not make the team. PJ is a good dude and he has the talent to be a backup somewhere else but just not with us right now. 

Also, if there is a good time to give Corral snaps, it's preseason. He won't drown, he'll welcome the challenge.

If Darnold gets cut/traded for some late round draft pick, then its at least possible that PJ could be our third qb.  

10 hours ago, CRA said:

I think how coaches have handled the preseason in the past is at least relevant if you want to guess on future actions. We play the Bills in our 3rd preseason game.  McDermott’s schedule was the exact same one Rhule ended up using last year.  Bills sat all there starters the first 2 preseason games and played them a half in game 3.   They both meet in preseason game 3 this season.  

and last preseason season Rhule pretty much bullshitted like he probably was going to play Sam each week as the media hounded him. Then rule the starters out on Friday.   Everyone had a field day shitting on Rhule then too for being scared to play Sam. Generally cited the heavy load his starters were getting in practice with other teams as the reason.   Which is why it makes it easy to go ahead and rule them out for the NE week because he established that as the Rhule way last camp. 

we will see.  I just want to watch football.  I’ll be happy watching any QB not named PJ. 

So Rhule just said that both Darnold and Baker would play. Which is exactly what I told you would happen yet you posted again and again arguing about how last year would be indicative of what we do this year. Obviously that was wrong. So my question is since you went back and forth about your theory which is obviously wrong, how about now admitting you were wrong and I was right. Or will you keep piling on more BS to justify your position. That would be typical aroind here where posters make a dozen posts arguing their point and when they are proven wrong there is no retraction or admission they were wrong.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

So Rhule just said that both Darnold and Baker would play. Which is exactly what I told you would happen yet you posted again and again arguing about how last year would be indicative of what we do this year. Obviously that was wrong. So my question is since you went back and forth about your theory which is obviously wrong, how about now admitting you were wrong and I was right. Or will you keep piling on more BS to justify your position. That would be typical aroind here where posters make a dozen posts arguing their point and when they are proven wrong there is no retraction or admission they were wrong.

I haven’t seen that yet.  Where did he say they both would play this weekend?   I haven’t watched the presser yet.   Is it there? 

that would be great.  I have repeatedly said I don’t want to be right on that.  I want to watch them. 

10 minutes ago, CRA said:

I haven’t seen that yet.  Where did he say they both would play this weekend?   I haven’t watched the presser yet.   Is it there? 

that would be great.  I have repeatedly said I don’t want to be right on that.  I want to watch them. 

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2022/08/10/panthers-baker-mayfield-sam-darnold-commanders-preseason/

Typical huddle response. I didn't think you would admit it but you arent alone. 

13 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2022/08/10/panthers-baker-mayfield-sam-darnold-commanders-preseason/

Typical huddle response. I didn't think you would admit it but you arent alone. 

Wouldn’t admit what? That my guess of what would happen might happen turn out to be wrong?  lol. That happens a lot 55. 

I don’t give a poo about being wrong.  I’m glad Rhule proved me wrong.  I hope he does it a lot.  

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Wouldn’t admit what? That my guess of what would happen might happen turn out to be wrong?  lol. That happens a lot 55. 

I don’t give a poo about being wrong.  I’m glad Rhule proved me wrong.  I hope he does it a lot. 

Then why not just say I was wrong. You don't have to justify or make excuses. And I wouldn't be taking you to task if you hadn't gone back and forth for days arguing when it was obvious they both were going to play and that last year has nothing to do with this year. The decision is likely not his either but McAdoos.

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

Then why not just say I was wrong. You don't have to justify or make excuses. And I wouldn't be taking you to task if you hadn't gone back and forth for days arguing when it was obvious they both were going to play and that last year has nothing to do with this year. The decision is likely not his either but McAdoos.

I literally just said it in the post you quoted. 

Nothing with Rhule is obvious if you were actually looking to be fair though.  Definitely not last camp.  Or this one IMO.  So many of his competitions IMO speak to that.  

You were right.  I was wrong on this.  I’m glad.  I still hope he shelves the top tier guys. 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I literally just said it in the post you quoted. 

Nothing with Rhule is obvious if you were actually looking to be fair though.  Definitely not last camp.  Or this one IMO.  So many of his competitions IMO speak to that.  

You were right.  I was wrong on this.  I’m glad.  I still hope he shelves the top tier guys. 

Actually if you pay attention it is easy to see what is happening and hence why I said they would both play well before it was announced. And if you agree that there has been a shift in  power and we have football people making the decisions now you can see why this year won't resemble last year.  Thank goodness.  Rhule may be the head coach but it is plain to see that he is staying in his lane for the most part and letting the experienced guys do their thing. It is actually smart for him to do that given if he defers to them he at least has someone to blame if it goes south. Truth is that when you have total control and micromanage you better be right and he clearly hasn't been.

• Beer 1

We won't play a rookie QB because we're competing for the NFC Championship and we already have a franchise QB that's top ten in the league and everyone behind him, Sam and PJ are such prolific QBs backing up Hall of Fame Baker, that they both could start for any NFL team.

That's why everyone is ahead of Golden Corral on the depth chart. 

Stephen A Smith Eye Roll GIF by ESPN

Edited by rippadonn